2 way linking of related items

markemark
markemark
Community Member

When adding a link to a related item - it seems stupid that the reverse link is not also automatically done.

i.e. if you in STEP 1 - add B as related item of A.

Why not add STEP 2 - Automatically - add A as a related item of B.

Currently you have to do Step 2 manually - its frustrating and annoying.

I see this has been posted before but comment didn't fix it it just closed the discussion - again annoying

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @markemark:

Great idea. While I can't promise anything, I've added your thoughts to the internal issue we have for this. Thanks for sharing!

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-425

• liamkearn
    liamkearn
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Hi Jack,

As a developer who has newly switched to 1pass, I'm super excited for this functionality. I'm so soo impressed with the quality of 1pass so far, I've seen too many of you people around on development forums to not give it a go. The wording on this feature request might be harsh but I think it deserves some attention.

I'd love to have the ability to have a one to many relation. E.G. My AWS users, credentials and roles could have have one account ID and my account ID could have many related AWS credentials. I think as non-power user this could be somewhat confusing so my suggestion here is to simply have a display "linked items" metadata field which simply displays all items that refer to the current item.

Bar the excel spreadsheet memes I'll promise 🤞 to put 1pass into production as a relational DB when this happens!

• Thanks for your kind words, @liamkearn, and welcome to 1Password!

I appreciate you sharing your use case as well, examples like this go a long way in helping us advocate for these new features. I've added a vote on your behalf and your notes to the internal tracker Jack mentioned. 👍🏻

If you have any questions, you know where to find us. 😁

• beanie
    beanie
    Community Member

I'd like to third the motion to implement linking in both directions. Can't think of a use case where I only want to link in one direction. I'm having to do double the work to link all my credit cards with my banks, membership cards with websites, etc.

• Thanks @beanie

I've passed along your wishes to the team.

ref: PB-30489762

This discussion has been closed.