I can't sign into 1Password on new MacBook Pro with Apple M1 chip

StuartP70
StuartP70
Community Member

1Password won't let me log in, I copied over everything from my old Macbook it all works apart from 1Password.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Monterey 12.4
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:I can't sign into 1Password on new MacBook Pro with Apple chip

Comments

• Hi there @StuartP70

Did you use Migration Assistant to copy everything over? If so, something about that process seems to prevent your 1Password data from decrypting correctly. We're already investigating the cause and if it's something happening from our end, we'll be able to fix it.

⚠️ If (and only if) you can sign in to 1Password.com and see all of your data, you can reset 1Password on your Mac to solve this.

If you copied everything across using a different method, could you let me know what it was? I look forward to hearing how you get on. :)

— Grey

• StuartP70
    StuartP70
    Community Member

Hi, yes everything was copied over using Migration Assistant, I think I'll uninstall the 1Password and reinstall it from scratch.

• @StuartP70

Reinstalling 1Password won't delete its local data – only the app itself will be affected. Make sure you delete the local copy of its data, by following these steps:

1. Make sure you either have another device signed in nearby or a copy of your Emergency Kit.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in the menu bar (if it's there) and click Quit.
    3. Open Finder, and click the Go menu > Go to Folder...
    4. In the box that appears, copy and paste the following exactly:

~/Library/Group Containers/

and press Return.

1. You'll see a folder called 2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password – rename it to 2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password.old.
    2. Wait a few moments and then open 1Password. You'll be taken through the first setup process.
  • StuartP70
    StuartP70
    Community Member

Brilliant, thank you! My Macbook is on the desk next to my iMac which has no problem signing into 1Password at all.
    I'll follow the steps.

• @StuartP70

You're welcome! If you ever need anything from us at 1Password Support, please do contact us. We'll be here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.