How to set "Never Autosave for this Site"

Options
themantissa
themantissa
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I normally never have an issue with navigating a UI but I'm struggling to find basic password manager features so far with 1password. The one I most need and can't find any recent help on is the ability to set "Never Autosave for this Site" for sites I do not want 1password to save. The only knowledge base/community answers to this I can find are from 2015-2017. Anyone happen to know where this setting is?

1Password Version: Mac 8.9.13 (80913040)
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: Montery 12.6.2
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:Never Autosave for this Site

Comments

• Hey @themantissa,

Currently there isn't a way to stop 1Password from offering to save a login on a specific website without disabling this feature altogether. I'd be happy to pass your feedback on to our product team for consideration, can you provide me with an example of a site where you do not want to use 1Password to save your details?

In the meantime, you can dismiss the 1Password prompt by either hitting the ESC key on your keyboard or by clicking on the 1Password icon in the field.

• themantissa
    themantissa
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles, Thank you for the answer and tip on quick dismissal. Very disappointed to hear this as it seems 1Password did have this feature at some point (https://1password.community/discussion/70274/stop-asking-to-save-a-password-for-a-certain-site). As a Product Manager myself I'd very much appreciate if you could pass on my feedback to your PMs. I'd love to know the justification for removing such a useful feature. I have certain high security accounts I will not save in a password manager. It is a table-stakes feature to have a way to skip certain sites, even basic browser password managers have it. So far I'm a bit disappointed that 1Password seems to be the most secure of online password managers but has a lackluster UX experience.

• Hey @themantissa,

Thank you for getting back to me, in an ideal world 1Password would be your go to for saving and filling on all websites. I can understand where you are coming from though and I have passed this feedback to our product team for consideration.

I appreciate you taking the time to suggest ways in which we can improve 1Password, have a great weekend!

ref: PB-30544922

• KnowNothing
    KnowNothing
    Community Member
    Options

I agree this feature is a bare minimum expectation.
    I recently changed from LastPass so not having this feature is a step back
    Common use case is separating work/internal business systems from personal. I can’t have 1Password asking to save my login from internal business systems that are connected with my Active Directory account.

This discussion has been closed.