Where do you set the default vault for new items?

Options
2Β»

Comments

• @DoubleJ, @PDarb, and @askaem

Thank you for the feedback and for sharing how important this feature is for you and your families! πŸ™‚

-Dave

• dwgray
    dwgray
    Community Member
    Options

I and family are really awaiting the iOS version with default vault reinstated

• zacwitte
    zacwitte
    Community Member
    Options

I want to add my vote for being able to set a default vault. Right now default is the private one which means shared passwords are often accidentally private because someone forgets to change the vault on save. I also need a small number of private passwords but that’s the exception.

• Good news! You can now set a default vault when using 1Password for iOS:

1. Open the main 1Password app on your iPhone or iPad.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you're using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap General.
    4. Set "Save new item in:" to the desired vault.

If you don't see this option then make sure that you're using the latest version of 1Password for iOS. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• coreyspeed
    coreyspeed
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Windows has this feature

• The feature should be in all the apps to the best of my knowledge.

• michaelhewitt
    michaelhewitt
    Community Member
    Options

So happy to have this feature! Will enable my wife and I to always know that we have access to newly created passwords. Thank you.

• @michaelhewitt

I'm happy to hear that you and your wife find the feature useful. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• kevin_hanson
    kevin_hanson
    Community Member
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hey there, I'd like to give plus one to this feature request, and here's my specific use-case. My wife and I share all our passwords. Life's easier for us that way. But every time we create passwords, they go into this personal vault. We don't even want a personal vault. It means she'll create something like a health insurance login for one of our kids or something for a bank account, and then we won't be able to access it, as expected, and then we each spend time doing some batch job where we sit down and migrate everything out of our personal vaults. I understand why the personal vault exists, but we don't want it for our use-case. Thanks!

EDIT: LOL! It's fixed! Yay!

• @kevin_hanson

Thank you for the feedback! You can now set the default vault in 1Password for iOS:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap General.
    4. Tap "Save new items in:" and then tap on the desired vault.

I hope that helps. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• LilliZ
    LilliZ
    Community Member
    Options

Not being able to set default vault might be one of the single most stupid things I've seen sofar, when the software us designed for features and stuff do you really just listen to the ones who are basic users that would not give a second thought or do you actually think before you change?

• ag_tommy
    Options

Hey @LilliZ

Dave provided instructions for setting the default save location in the post above yours. Are you having trouble? If so, let us know more and we'll do our best to help.

• LilliZ
    LilliZ
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks I noticed that this had been changed since the first post the drawback with community support is that there is a lot of old stuff floating around.

I am an old standalone 1password user and had to swith to subscription or lose the web extension and be used to be able to manipulate my vaults as I see fit when it comes to default location, name etc.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@LilliZ

Let us know if you have any other questions or issues that we can help with. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• nstratton
    nstratton
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for allowing us to select the default vault!!!

• Dave_1P
    edited August 2023
    Options

@nstratton

I'm happy that you find the feature useful. 😊

Since the feature has now shipped to all versions of the 1Password app, I'll close this thread to prevent the original poster from continuing to receive notifications when someone replies.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.