Delete Private Vault

Options
eanderson
eanderson
Community Member

New to 1Password and I accidentally imported my LastPass data into a "Private" vault. I've since imported my data into a separate vault and would like to delete the Private vault, but can't seem to figure out how via the website. Am I overlooking something simple?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @eanderson! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! Every 1Password account comes with a Private vault where you can store items that are for your eyes only. The built-in Private vault can't be shared with other family members and can't be deleted.

I recommend that you move your items into the Private vault and then delete the other vault if you no longer need it: Move and copy items

-Dave

Community Member
    Options

Is it possible to rename it ? because my 1password app is in french but my vault is name "Private"

• @0100110

If you change your 1Password account's language, the name of the vault will change too. Here's what to do:

1. Sign in to 1Password.com
    2. Click your name in the top-right corner, then My Profile.
    3. On the left, click More Actions, then Change Language.
    4. Choose a language.
    5. Your Private vault will then be named appropriately, like this:

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I have been there so many times and never saw this option. It will be nice to manage this directly from the app.

• LilliZ
    LilliZ
    Community Member
    Options

I Understand the point of this being a subscription but for the love of god give your subscribers the benefit of a doubt being able to change what default vault to use and the name of the vault its not like its fun to pay $60, $77 with taxes a year for a family subscription and not being able to choose your default vault or even rename it to whatever you feel like?

Recentlty going from a stand alone 1password install and I am already annoyed by some of these features like default vault, name of vault the duplicates created all the time and the slow update of contents in the vaults, I mean this is actually not better than Lastpass families which is cheaper by the way.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@LilliZ

You can set your default vault for saving in the General tab of Settings. On a Mac, that looks like this:

On iOS, it looks like this:

And in 1Password in the browser, it looks like this:

That way, you could choose where you'd like new items saved unless you specify otherwise. Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help.

This discussion has been closed.