Paypal App with autologin on ios V16

Options
Safety
Safety
Community Member

Good morning,
i use the newest App V8.26.0 from Paypal and when i start the App first the FaceID works with Paypal, but then the App requests the 2FA Code. But there is no possibility to autofill this 6 requested numbers. Doesn’t it work generally or did i do something wrong installing the 1Password8 on my iphone?

1Password Version: 8.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 16
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Safety

Autofilling one-time passwords isn't something which is natively supported by iOS, so we use the notification system to add this functionality in. It'll copy a one-time password to the clipboard automatically when (and only when) you autofill a username and password, using the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard. If you've signed into PayPal a different way, such as using Face ID as you describe, you'll need to copy and paste the one-time password from 1Password into the PayPal app.

If you did autofill a username and password and you didn't see a notification saying that the one-time password was copied to the clipboard, make sure you have turned on notifications in both 1Password's Settings and in the Settings app for your device.

Manage 1Password notifications

You'll also need to make sure that "Copy One-Time Passwords" is turned on in 1Password's Settings, under the AutoFill section.

Have a check of the above and let me know if you have any other trouble with it.

— Grey

• Safety
    Safety
    Community Member
    Options

Hej Grey,
    thanks for your help and fast answer...
    I understood that, but my main problem is, that when i started the paypal App, that there is no little icon to activate 1Password. So i first have to left the PaypalApp and start 1Password. Search for my paypalAccount in 1Password, copy the Name, leave 1PW, back to the PaypalApp, insert the copied Name... Then again this procedure for the Password and 2FA... I think you have also Paypal (everybody has i mention) and have the same issue? Or is there another way to login there without this annoying procedure?

• @Safety

Just to check – are you logging out of PayPal each time you're finished using it? If so, it'll be a new sign-in every time you use the app, so you will have to enter your 2FA code each time. If you have just autofilled your PayPal password by using the "🔑 Passwords" button on the keyboard, you should see a notification like this, showing you that your one-time password has been copied to the clipboard:

You can then paste it into the field on the next page.

If you don't see that notification, check that Do Not Disturb isn't turned on. If it's not and you're receiving other apps' notifications, open and unlock 1Password and tap the icon in the top-left corner, then Settings. Tap Notifications, and turn "One-Time Passwords" off and back on, even if it's on already. If you see a prompt from iOS asking if you'd like 1Password to send notifications, tap Allow. Then try again.

If you are logging out each time, I would suggest not using Face ID for signing back in, so that you can autofill your one-time password when you do.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help.

• kennyvl
    kennyvl
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks ! I had the same issue and your advice solved it.
    I disabled FaceID in PayPal and now can simply long press and paste the 2FA code after signing in with 1Password (y)
    This means I had to forsake the convenience of FaceID in LastPass but it is less inconvenient than switching to 1Password to go and fetch the 2FA code.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here.

Every time I opened PayPal App, I automatically logged in with Face ID. But then I had to type in the 2FA code and had to manually copy it from 1Password. Now I disabled Face ID for PayPal App and I have to log in with credentials and 2FA code is automatically copied into the clipboard.

Thanks, @GreyM1P ! 👍

• @kennyvl @DenalB

Glad to help! :)

• Mike Brust
    Mike Brust
    Community Member
    Options

also for me, disabling FaceID makes 1P to work well with Paypal now. It's unfortunate that FaceID is not also doing the 2FA step (which makes sense from a security point of view)

• @Mike Brust

I'm happy that Grey's suggestion helped you as well. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.