Is it possible to force 1Password to retain credentials for signing into an iPhone App?

JackG
JackG
Community Member

I have an iPhone App that requires signing in each time it is accessed. It does not recognize the associated URL when signing in to the same service via a browser on a Mac computer. The URL is in my 1Password and works well with the browser (Safari) on the Mac, but not the iPhone App. Is there a way to save the App credentials to 1Password when signing in on iPhone App?

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 80913040
OS Version: Mac OS 13.2
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:how to add password for an iPhone app

Comments

• Hello @JackG! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling a login into an app on your iPhone. On the iPhone AutoFill is specifically handled by iOS and 1Password only provides the data for the experience. When you tap on the username or password field in the app do you see "Passwords" appear above your keyboard? If you don't then I would like you to make sure that you have turned on AutoFill to work with 1Password:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

If that doesn't work then can you tell me what you see when you tap on the username or password field in the app? And can you provide the name of the app itself?

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.