When saving the login from an app, the app's url gets appended to existing url.

1Passworder1
1Passworder1
Community Member

[Minor / insignificant nitpicking]

For example, in 1Password, I had created a login entry for TeamBlind; with username, password and one website.

Username: the email id
Password: the password

Later, I launched the Blind app on my Android phone, and tried to login into that using 1Password. I had to manually search "blind" in 1P and then tell 1P to associate that result with the Blind app. When I did that though, looks like 1P appends the app's url to the one I already had saved in 1P; like so -

Instead, imo it should save it like this -

Two separate urls as two separate entries.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @1Passworder1, thank you for reaching out to us here in our Community. I'm a fan of your username!

When you fill a Login with an Android app for the first time, 1Password will link the Login with the app and prompt you with that same Login for any subsequent sign ins. The expected behaviour is that the linked app will appear in the Linked Apps section of the Login, but the URL should not update.

I've downloaded the Blind app and linked a test item that I created on my Android device. I confirm that my item's URL does not get updated, just as I'd expect. I noticed the logo for the Blind app in your screenshot is not the red Blind logo. Did you download a Blind APK? If you link another Login with its corresponding app, do you notice this behaviour as well?

• 1Passworder1
    1Passworder1
    Community Member

Hi @ag_audrey . Glad that you like the username. 😊
    I had installed the blind app from play store, not via apk sideload.
    I now used 1P to login into PIA VPN apn on my phone. In that case it didn't append any new url to the url that was already existing in my PIA VPN website login entry in 1P. So, that's good.

• ag_audrey
    edited January 2023

Hey @1Passworder1, thanks so much for confirming.

I've chatted with our team and reaffirmed that the Blind item's URL updating after the Blind app linked is not expected behaviour, but what you saw with the PIA VPN item is correct.

If you tap "Edit" on your Blind item, do you still see the androidapp:// part in the website field?

• 1Passworder1
    1Passworder1
    Community Member

Yes @ag_audrey, androidapp:// part in the website field is still there. Not a big deal though.

• Thanks for checking, @1Passworder1.

We'd like to dig a bit deeper to understand what caused this. Can you send an email to support+forum@agilebits.com and include a redacted JSON of this Blind item:
    1. Open and unlock the 1Password for Android app.
    2. Tap on the top right profile icon, then tap Settings.
    3. Tap Advanced, then turn on Show debugging tools.
    4. Navigate back to the Blind item, and tap on the overflow button (⋮) in the top right corner.
    5. Tap Copy item JSON.
    6. Paste the text into your favourite text editor.
    7. Replace any private information (such as your passwords, username, password history, etc.) with [REDACTED].

Please also include a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/137071/when-saving-the-login-from-an-app-the-apps-url-gets-appended-to-existing-url#latest

Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.