Feature request: enable search in dropdown menu instead of scrolling

When entering credit card info in Chrome, I have to scroll through a long list to find the one I want. It would be great if I could use my keyboard to search for the right card rather than scrolling. Thanks in advance for taking my suggestion into consideration! 😊 🙏

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: macOS
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @parekh, it is possible to search for a credit card item. Here are the steps for that:

1. Click into credit card field.
    2. See suggestions from 1Password.
    3. Type the credit card name or number that you want to use.
    4. Select the credit card item from the results.

Here is a video: https://share.cleanshot.com/3Q5l6RYd

Does that work for what you're trying to do? If not, please let me know more about what you'd like to see. I'll be happy to help from there.

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member

Hi @Joy_1P - Thank so much for sharing, I had no idea! This mostly works, but there is a minor issue in your step #4. I am unable to select the credit card using my keyboard, and I have to use the mouse to click on it. Is this a bug or intended behavior?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@parekh that's odd. On step 4, I can select the credit card item with my arrow keys: https://share.cleanshot.com/gVQF5sGm.

What version of macOS are you running? Are you using something like a wireless keyboard? Outside of 1Password, are you able to use your keyboard to move up and down a list normally?

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member

Hey @Joy_1P - unfortunately this experience is still very buggy for me. Often when I try typing on my keyboard, the characters I'm typing don't show up and no search gets triggered. What's the best way to help me debug?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@parekh sorry about the delay in replying. It is strange that the experience is buggy for you. Is it only buggy on a specific website?

Additionally, I did have some questions which I asked to better understand the issue:

What version of macOS are you running? Are you using something like a wireless keyboard? Outside of 1Password, are you able to use your keyboard to move up and down a list normally?

Once I get the details above, I'll be able to narrow things down a bit and help with the next steps. Hope to hear from you again.

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member

Buggy on several website

macOS 13.2.1 (22D68)
    Chrome Version 110.0.5481.100 (Official Build) (arm64)

Using the in-built macbook keyboard which works fine everywhere else.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@parekh what happens when you try to use your up and down arrow keys to select a login? Is there a delay or do you not get a response at all?

I'm curious, do you have any other extensions installed in Chrome? If so, what are they?

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member

@parekh what happens when you try to use your up and down arrow keys to select a login? Is there a delay or do you not get a response at all?

Sorry, it's a bit difficult to explain in writing, which is why I offered to share a screen recording if there's some secure way for me to share that with you.

I'm curious, do you have any other extensions installed in Chrome? If so, what are they?

Too many! Maybe one debugging step is for me to try to reproduce this on a different browser and see if I have the same issue. Can try that next time and report back.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@parekh instead of trying things out in a different browser, you can create a new user profile in Chrome, install only 1Password in it, and then test things out. Let us know how that goes.

Additionally, please free to send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and we'll share a secure link with you to upload the screen recording. With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.