Suddenly required to use my password every time I try to log in

Options
SarasotaGirl
SarasotaGirl
Community Member
edited March 2023 in iOS

This has recently started happening on my iPad. Not sure what to change in settings.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• SarasotaGirl
    SarasotaGirl
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having trouble logging in to websites because I’m required to enter my 1P password every time.

• richard-w
    richard-w
    Community Member
    Options

Hi SarasotaGirl, You don’t mention which 1pw version you are using. If you are using 1PW8 on iOS, this sounds like the private enclave bug I have encountered as well and have been corresponding with AgileBits about for months. It requires re-entering my password on each use of 1pw on my iphone even when 1pw is already open and logged into. If this is the problem you are having, there is now after many months evidently a fix, but it is not being made available to paying customers for some reason. Sounds like it will be months more before it is made available.

• Hello @SarasotaGirl! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being prompted for your account password more often than expected. Do you have either Touch ID or Face ID enabled for 1Password on your iPad? Are you prompted for your account password only when filling logins into websites or each time that you unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen?

Please also let me know which version of 1Password you're using on your iPad. I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• @richard-w

Thank you for commenting! I've replied to your other thread and one of my colleagues will reply to your email as soon as possible. 🙂

-Dave

• Ben
    Options

Hey @WorldIRC,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Ben

• DAD004
    DAD004
    Community Member
    Options

What is the fix for this?

• richard-w
    richard-w
    Community Member
    Options

Hi DAD004, the updated versions of the iOS and iPadOS 1PW apps in the app store fixes everything! It is grand!

• Thanks for the help @richard-w

@DAD004 Let us know if you continue to have trouble after updating. Or if you think its a different issue. We'd be happy to help.

• DAD004
    DAD004
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running 8.10. That appears to be the latest build.

• DAD004
    DAD004
    Community Member
    Options

My issue sounds like this from Jan 27th:

Hi SarasotaGirl, You don’t mention which 1pw version you are using. If you are using 1PW8 on iOS, this sounds like the private enclave bug I have encountered as well and have been corresponding with AgileBits about for months. It requires re-entering my password on each use of 1pw on my iphone even when 1pw is already open and logged into. If this is the problem you are having, there is now after many months evidently a fix, but it is not being made available to paying customers for some reason. Sounds like it will be months more before it is made available.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023
    Options

@DAD004

The resolution is live in 8.10. 🎉 Try the following, please.

Unlock with your password and then lock 1Password. Are you prompted for Face/Touch ID? If not, restart the app  Apple Support - Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch unlock and then toggle the Face/Touch ID setting off/on within 1Password. Restart the app once more. Is this fruitful?

The previous steps have been very useful for the majority of folks. If you continue to have trouble the next step would be to remove and reinstall the application. Out of all the folks I've talked to, I think a scant few needed the reinstall steps. I'm hoping you'll not need them.

• It's imperative to the safety of your data that you ensure it is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your 🚒 Emergency Kit and that you know your password.
  • DAD004
    DAD004
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    I went through your first set of instructions.
    I have not set up Face/touch ID on my phone.

I will try to remove/reinstall later today.

• Sounds good @DAD004 If you find you're not getting relief it could be something different. If you continue to have trouble send us an email and we can gather logs if needed. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

I have not set up Face/touch ID on my phone.

This is likely the cause. Have you adjusted your auto-lock settings? 🔒 How to set 1Password to lock automatically I recommend Face ID when possible, assuming you don't mind using it. It's a huge productivity booster for myself.

• DAD004
    DAD004
    Community Member
    Options

support+forum@1password.com. Is that correct with the + sign?

• sdimbert
    sdimbert
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

I have tried these steps and it’s not working. I’m running “1Password for iOS 8.10.0 81000052, on PRODUCTION channel.”

On my iPad, I can not toggle the FaceID setting; it is greyed out.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023
    Options

@DAD004

Yes, correct email. That one will get an auto-reply with your support id. :) The other support@1Password.com would too. But in my experience the return reply will come quicker.

• @sdimbert

I've seen a couple like that in passing. Have you tried reinstalling the app?

• Make time to be certain that all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your 🚒 Emergency Kit don't forget to record your password before reinstalling.

If a reinstall it not helpful. It's time to get you before my email colleagues with a diagnostic report in hand. Here's how to create and send the report should you need to do so.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Tap your 1Password account icon from the 1Password home screen.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap Help.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: sdimbert
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/677949/#Comment_677949

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• sdimbert
    sdimbert
    Community Member
    Options

I reinstalled the app… no change. I then sent in the diagnostics but have not yet received a response.

• @sdimbert

I'm sorry that a reinstall didn't resolve the issue. I've located your diagnostics report and one of my colleagues will take a look and send you a reply by email as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: MQG-89168-451

• sdimbert
    sdimbert
    Community Member
    Options

Grey on the support team identified the problem. My iPad’s OS updare was hung. Once I solved that issue, everything worked.

• @sdimbert

Grey on the support team

Hey, that's me! 😄 Glad it all worked out. Let us know if you need anything at any time.

• DAD004
    DAD004
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    I have submitted an email for assistance.

• Thank you.

• DAD004
    DAD004
    Community Member
    Options

When can I expect to hear something?

• @DAD004

It looks like one of my colleagues replied to you on February 23rd, if you don't see their email then please check your Spam/Junk folder. If you still don't see the email then please send a new email to support+forum@1Password.com . After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to make sure that you get a reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

• DAD004
    DAD004
    Community Member
    Options

NXG-47649-986
    I opened a new one.

• DAD004
    DAD004
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P
    I opened a new one.

• @DAD004

Thank you for posting the Support ID, I've just sent you a reply. Let's continue the conversation over email. To prevent having the same discussion in two different places at once I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: RRF-87228-599

This discussion has been closed.