WLAN server sync not working with 1Password 7 on Android 13

LosInvalidos
LosInvalidos
Community Member

WLAN sync not operational. With 1P 7.9.8 on macOS 13.1 and settings > WLAN server open sync is not functional.

Sadly on Android there is no info about when last sync happened (like on iOS), which makes debugging this unnecessarily difficult. Android > Settings > Sync has WLAN server and Notification disabled with the Sync automatically option being greyed out.

There is no way to manually initiate a sync from that settings view. So to do that I go to Categories > All items and pull to refresh which seems to trigger a sync. After idling for a bit, receiving a notification: Sync failed -

Can't Connect. Open 1Password on your computer and ensure WLAN server is running.

Sadly that is the case, so not quite sure how to proceed with this issue.

1Password Version: 1P Android 7.9.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: PixelOS 13 20221119
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @LosInvalidos

If you're having trouble with a legacy sync option, such as WLAN, please send us an email at support+forum@1password.com and you'll receive an auto-reply from 🤖 BitBot. It will contain a conversation number, which looks like [#ABC-12345-123] – post that here and I'll be able to make sure your message goes to the right team. I look forward to hearing from you. :)

— Grey

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

[#FYA-44162-466]

• I was able to locate your message. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: FYA-44162-466

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

Received two KB links. Why wasn't it possible to just post them here?

How to use the WLAN server
    https://support.1password.com/cs/wlan-server/

If you're having trouble using the WLAN server
    https://support.1password.com/cs/wlan-server-troubleshooting/

Followed both without success. How to proceed?

• The WLAN server in 1Password is complex and depends on many factors, including your network environment and software configuration. This article is a collection of all known solutions for connection problems.

We’re unable to troubleshoot issues with the WLAN server beyond the scope of the article. If you’ve tried everything in the article and are still unable to connect, a 1Password membership is a more reliable sync method.

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Sadly this does not answer my question, why posting the KB-articles without the conversation number was not possible.

I know this is the snippet you are currently using. Anyhow even the KB articles are outdated, e.g. macOS 13.2 does not show Create Network… option in the dropdown anymore (https://support.1password.com/cs/wlan-server-troubleshooting/#create-a-computer-to-computer-network).
    Guess I am out of luck 😥

• Sorry for the unnecessary extra steps @LosInvalidos

I made a move from Dropbox syncing (2015, I think) and used WLAN when it initially debuted. Actually, I've used every single instance of syncing the team has ever offered. (iDisk, MobileMe, iCloud - both versions, Dropbox, membership, and WLAN).

When the team introduced memberships, I was invited to give my opinion as a test drive, if you will. I used it for two days with a test vault. On that second day, I went all in with all of my personal data into an alpha product at the time. I'll never forget it. I was sitting at my kitchen table. I would recommend looking into a membership. It would cost you nothing to talk if you're open to the idea. Heck, do like I did and try a test vault. Don't use real data and see how it fits your needs. Then if it does, add your data. Nothing lost. You've got 14 days to experiment and there are likely discounts that can be yours if you decide to make the move.

My apologies that you're having trouble syncing. That is never a fun experience.

• LosInvalidos
    LosInvalidos
    Community Member

Managed to resolve this by resetting Android app and will have to re-do the initial sync instead of updates. Disabling and re-enabling wifi (used airplane mode on Android for that) did the trick in the end. It is very hit or miss but worked in the end.

• Thank you very much for the update, @LosInvalidos!

This discussion has been closed.