Read-only user and favorites

vidario
vidario
Community Member

I created some vaults to share with my children, but I don't want them to be able to edit the items. I thought they would still be able to manage their favorites, but from the app on their smartphone it is not possible. Am I missing something or is this just the way it is?
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @vidario! 👋

You can configure a user-created shared vault so that other family members only have the Allow Viewing (read only) permission to that vault: Create and share vaults

They'll still be able to edit the items in their Private vault. Let me know if that helps or if I misunderstood the question. 🙂

-Dave

• vidario
    vidario
    Community Member

Hi @Dave_1P , thanks for your reply. If for a vault I am a member set to Allow Viewing will I be able to set shared vault items as my favorites? (sorry for my bad english)

• @vidario

A family member who only has the Allow Viewing permission for a vault wouldn't be able to favourite items in that vault themselves. However, one family member favouriting an item in a shared vault will favourite that item for all family members with access to that shared vault. So you, or another family member who has the ability to edit items in that vault, could favourite the items and then they would show up as favourites on your children's devices as well.

-Dave

• vidario
    vidario
    Community Member

Ok, thank you very much

• @vidario

It's my pleasure. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.