Auto unlock stopped working in Firefox 109

Options

Auto unlock is not working anymore, and I'm guessing it's related to the recent Firefox 109 update, which had some changes related to extensions and permissions.
Everytime I unlock the Firefox extension I need to type my master password. I reinstalled the extension but the problem persists. "Integrate with 1Password app" is enabled.

Comments

• @dserodio

Can you try to toggle the following settings and let us know if that helps?

1. Turn off - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    2. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon and disable. Integrate with 1Password app. It's within the General tab.
    3. Quit the browser completely! A full quit, not a close or minimize to the dock.
    4. Quit 1Password. While looking at the main window (locked or unlocked)
      • Press Command and Q 1Password should lock and close.
    5. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock. 1Password should open locked. Unlock the app.
    6. Turn On - 1Password > Preferences (Settings) > Browser: Connect with 1Password in the browser
    7. Open your browser.
    8. Right-click on the browser toolbar icon and enable. Integrate with 1Password app.
  • dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot @ag_tommy , this solved the problem.

I've had to do a similar routine a few times before, I'd be great if 1Password could somehow detect this issue and solve it automatically.

• Thanks for the update dserodio

The team is looking to make things smoother when/if possible.

• Hey @DJRiful, @dserodio,

We have just shipped the 1Password for Mac 8.9.15 build to fix this issue. (Windows and Linux versions were not affected). You might want to check to see if you have any updates available in your 1Password app.

Apologies for the disruption!

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @steph.giles , but I guess my problem had a different cause since I'm still uring 1Password 7

• Hey @dserodio,

You're right, can you let me know if things are now working as expected for you?

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it's working as expected now.

• @dserodio, I'm glad to hear it, have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.