Migrating from 3.8 to 4.0

MikeT wrote:

In addition, we do plan to have an upgrade path to allow customers with 3.8.x to upgrade to 1Password 3.9/4.x and as soon as we find it, we'll announce it.

Hi, can you tell us if there will be an upgrade path from "vanilla" (non-MAS) 1Password 3.X to MAS 1P v4?

Regards

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2012
    Welcome to the forums, luki! I split your post from the other thread as I want to make sure you get the attention you deserve. It is a good question. I think Mike answered it in your quote above, but I'll try to clarify more as much as I can.

The data file will work in 1Password 3 and 4, so there isn't any issue in that regard, but I suspect you may be inquiring more about pricing.

I can't say for certain, but we are currently in the midst of a fantastic sale (over 50% OFF) for the newly released 1Password 4 for iOS in order to celebrate and help folks migrate from 1Password 3 for iOS.

Since Apple doesn’t allow special prices to be limited to only certain customers, any sale price in the App Store is valid for everyone. We considered our options: (1) be generous to everyone with a sale or (2) skip the sale and be generous to no one. We prefer to be generous to everyone and decided to go that route. ‘Tis the season!

There has never been a major version release of 1Password that was not accompanied by a sale. I can't promise anything specific, but I don't expect 1Password 4 for Mac to be any different in that regard. :)
  • luki
    luki
    Community Member
    Thanks for the quick response! I'll keep an eye on my mail!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks and Merry Christmas! :)
  • I have 1Password 3.8.2 build 31499, what upgrade path will be available when Version 4 comes our for the MAC?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, mhurlburt! I think I covered your question in my post above, but is there something specific you were still wondering about? I also see you have posted a related question in another thread, so perhaps my answer there will help as well.
  • Thanks Khad. If I have signed up for the newsletter, would I get alerted when the product will become available? Or is there another way to keep up with the updates regarding 1Password Version 4 for Mac?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Signing up for our email newsletter is a great way to be notified of 1Password 4 for Mac news. :)

You can also subscribe to our blog in your RSS reader, follow us on Twitter, and like us on Facebook if you wish.

Cheers!
  • Doug in Alaska
    Doug in Alaska
    Community Member

I've been using 1Password since 2007, I think. It could have been earlier because my first software version record shows version 3.0. My wife and I use it on our iMac, iPhones, iPads, and our back-up PC. We were running version 3.8xxx on the iMac and I have been waiting for version 4 and sale pricing. I noticed version 3.9.6 was on sale for $24.99 at the MAS. Well, I couldn't take it any longer and figured with the free upgrade to be offered for version 4, why not? Nice!! We really like the UI and are looking forward to the version 4 enhancements. Thanks much guys, for providing our favorite app!

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited February 2013

Glad you finally got that sale Doug :)

If you want a uber small glimpse of 1Password 4 see this topic, Its the first I have seen of it. Cheers.

• Doug in Alaska
    Doug in Alaska
    Community Member

Thanks much for the info!

• Hi Doug,

On behalf of Tommy, you're welcome. If you have further questions, just let us know.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.