1 Password keeps changing my security setting from NEVER ask for a Password to EVERY 30 DAYS

Options
2»

Comments

• dardenlinux
    dardenlinux
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here for months. I've opened cases and reported to support multiple times, but no answer yet as to when this will be fixed.

I don't think y'all need to keep asking for diagnostic reports. The bug is very easy to replicate in any build of 1Password 8.x and appears to affect all Macs.
    1. Set Require password = Never
    2. Restart the Mac
    This will cause the Require password setting to reset to Every 30 days.

• @dardenlinux

I'm sorry for the frustration that the issue has caused. Our developers are investigating and we plan to release a fix in a future update. Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

• sefre
    sefre
    Community Member
    Options

Hello.
    I'm using 1Password on my

• Apple M1 MacBook pro (also including the chrome plugin (3 profiles), firefox plugin)
    • iPhone 12pro
    • iphone SE 2016
    • Xiaomi Redmi 11

i'm using two accounts (private and company). Because all devices have biometric authentication I switched the settings to never ask for password.
    And if any of these devices/plugins changes from never to 30 days automatically all other devices/plugins sync this setting. But if I change it back to never I have to do it on all devices/plugins manually.

• @sefre

I'm sorry the the "Require password" setting is changing on multiple devices. Our developers released a fix for this on the Mac with version 8.9.12, can you make sure that you're running the latest version on your Mac: How to keep 1Password up to date

If you're still seeing the issue then let me know on which devices you can still reproduce the issue and what versions of 1Password you're using on those devices.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#18707
    ref: dev/core/core#19314
    ref: dev/core/core#19077

This discussion has been closed.