how do i stop 1password from populating my username

Options
1passquest
1passquest
Community Member

so lets say we have shared computer. user 1, logs in. when user 2 goes to computer, only option is to sign on as user 1.

how do i log out so user name does not populate icon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• 1passquest
    1passquest
    Community Member
    Options

another angle, if USER1 is loged in, when user two goes to log in , there is no option to change the user

• @1passwsguest

1Password is set up as a single-user type of app. That being, one macOS user is able to use the app with their Password. Separate OS user accounts for each of you is the best way to accomplish what you are looking to do. The advantage of this is when you log in, you have your Mac in front of you. You have access to your email, instant messaging, customization, and settings.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

Fast User Switching is the key to this kind of setup. My family has used this feature for a long time now. I think you'll like it once you get it set up, and it's not really a hard task, more of one that you might be unaccustomed to using. Switch quickly between users on Mac - Apple Support

Alternatively, you could also log into each of your accounts using separate browse profiles. Still, you would be unable to use things like Touch ID or Apple Watch Unlock, and even then, only one would be able to use the Desktop app. For this reason, I highly recommend individual macOS user accounts.

• 1passquest
    1passquest
    Community Member
    Options

i see. so now that i have these extra username icons, and cannot repopulate with mine,

how do i add mine, how do i delete the others?

• @1passquest

If you're using the 1Password app you can remove an account from the app by using this guide: Sign out of 1Password

Then you can add your account to the app by following the onscreen prompts. Let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

-Dave

• 1passquest
    1passquest
    Community Member
    Options

great thanks that worked

• @1passquest

You're very welcome. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.