Watch tower score

Options
vishalsheth
vishalsheth
Community Member
edited August 2023 in Android

On android and iOS my score is different in both cases. I’m using the same account. What’s happening here?

Comments

• @vishalsheth

You might see different Watchtower scores on different devices if their security settings are different. For example, if you have Face ID or Touch ID available on your iOS device but not turned on, that score could be lower than your Android device where fingerprint unlock is turned on.

Have a look through the Security tab of Settings on each device to see how they're set up and make sure you turn on biometric unlock if it's available:

If the settings are the same on both but the Watchtower score is still different, let me know. :)

— Grey

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P
    I fail to understand this logic. Till now the score was the same on android, iPhone and Mac. Note you’re saying it can be different. I still see the score different on iPhone and android. I just saw a funny thing happen. My score on iPhone was improved and then in next check without any change it reduced. This surely can’t happen. I feel the score system is not great. I’ve updated so many of my passwords and details which make it more secure but the score is still the same. What’s the logic there?
    Are you trying to say that face id is more secure than fingerprint?
    I just checked again and note the score are the same on android and iPhone.
    According to me the score should be the same as it checks for my password security levels.

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

I have updated many passwords. But still my score has not changed. Why?

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

The score doesn’t change

• Hi @vishalsheth, thanks for following up with us and sharing this feedback.

As Grey noted, the Watchtower score takes into account a number of factors that may differ between devices. There are numerous factors involved, including the following:

• Having different accounts added to each device.
    • Using different collections on different devices. The Watchtower score is calculated based on the account or collection that you’re currently viewing.
    • Having different security settings enabled on each device (for example, if automatic updates for 1Password are turned off on a device then it will affect the score on that device but not other devices).

While strong passwords are an important part of security, Watchtower takes into account other factors that can impact the security of 1Password as well.

Are you trying to say that face id is more secure than fingerprint?

It sounds like Grey was indicating there may be a discrepancy in score if one device was using biometric unlock and not the other, not that one form of biometrics is more or less secure.

I’ve updated so many of my passwords and details which make it more secure but the score is still the same. What’s the logic there?

If you have a large number of items, updating a handful may not make a significant change in your score. As you noted updating numerous items, and that you've seen scores rise and fall across devices, it may be helpful to check a diagnostics report to see if there's anything that sticks out.

I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from Android and iOS device:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/137369/watch-tower-score1.
    • Your forum username: vishalsheth

Let us know when you've had the chance to send those in and we'll make sure they get to the right place. Thanks again!

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

I have shared this earlier too. My score on Mac, Android and iPhone are different. They have same account, same details and nothing different.

• Hi @vishalsheth, thanks for your message.

Apologies if I misunderstood, did you previously send in some diagnostics or other information about your Mac, Android and iOS devices?

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy

I think I did.

• Thanks @vishalsheth, did you receive a message code when you sent that in? It would look something like [#ABC-12345-678]. I can't seem to locate the diagnostics. My apologies for the trouble here, and thanks again.

• vishalsheth
    vishalsheth
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy

[#NWA-71511-414] I’ve shared both reports. I’ve received only one number.

• @vishalsheth, I've located that email and I've followed up with you there. Thanks for your help investigating this behavior!

This discussion has been closed.