Really don't know where to go from here - a few questions ...

9AmberMoog
9AmberMoog
Community Member

I loaded 1 PW on to my Mac.

1. Can I sign into 1Password and access my vault from there without any extensions?

2. Is it possible to be able to use 1Password off-line?

3. Are there any Safari best practices for "security" - for example, does one always stay signed in?

4. How do I find the Safari 1Password Extension version? I found it once, but I can't find now that I am signed into it.

5. I recall finding a place on the 1Password site for a tutorial and I can no longer locate it, can anyone share the link or another that might be helpful?

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Mac 13.2
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@9AmberMoog - you can install 1Password without adding anything else to it. But if by "extensions" you mean the 1Password browser extension for Safari, I would strongly suggest you not attempt to use 1Password without installing 1Password for Safari. Reason? Because you won't be able to auto-fill any of your login items into websites where you have accounts, unless you manually copy/paste both the username/email address and the password for the site from 1Password into the browser. You can do this, but it's considerably more work and it leaves your password copied to your system clipboard (and thus available to any other process on your Mac until it's removed or you copy something else). Can I ask why you want to do that?

Regarding "offline," if what you mean there is: can you access your 1Password data when you aren't connected to the internet, yes. Every 1Password app stores a local cache of your data that you can unlock (decrypt) with your Account Password even when you're offline.

Regarding the 1Password for Safari extension, click Safari > Settings from the menubar (or type + ,) to open Safari Preferences, then click the "Extensions" tab. Do you see 1Password for Safari in the left sidebar? Is the box next to it checked? If not, check that box. If it's not there at all, you can reinstall at this link.

I'm not sure what tutorial you may have watched or how long ago, but support.1password.com has many how-to pages and videos. The Getting Started page is, well, a good place to start. 😃

• 9AmberMoog
    9AmberMoog
    Community Member

Thank ou @Lars - I appreciate the info! Just one last question, where can I find the extension version number for the 1Password Safari Extension - I notice that it is asked for when I submit a question or comment here on the forum.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@9AmberMoog - you can find it in small gray print where it's installed (in Safari Settings), or when you go to install it from the Mac App Store. Current version is 2.6.0. Version history is also available here.

• 9AmberMoog
    9AmberMoog
    Community Member

Thanks again @Lars for the Safari 1Password Extension version info!

• @9AmberMoog

I'm happy that Lars was able to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.