Not able to use my iPhone Passcode (my FaceID camera is disabled) to open 1Password8 app

rohank1106
rohank1106
Community Member

Since I downloaded 1Password8, I am not able to use my iPhone Passcode (in absence of my FaceID camera in iPhone XS Max) to open 1Password8 to fill up my passwords across apps and websites. I have to put my long password repeatedly to open 1Password8 which in turns then fills up my saved password. This is very tiring.

Can someone help?

1Password Version: 8.9.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.2 (20C65)
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rohank1106

This is expected behaviour. If you can't use Face ID for any reason, you'll need to use your account password to unlock 1Password. Your account password is the main way you should expect to unlock 1Password, and you can change it if you'd like to make it easier to enter:

How to change your 1Password account password

You can also see our advice on how to choose a good 1Password account password which suggests four or five words, randomly generated by 1Password's secure password generator.

Allowing customers to unlock 1Password with the same passcode as the device itself would mean that if someone knows enough to unlock the device, they can unlock 1Password too, which would be a security problem.

If you can get your iPhone repaired so that Face ID works as expected again, you'll again be able to use that to unlock 1Password.

— Grey

• rohank1106
    rohank1106
    Community Member

OK. Thanks. Why is this behavior different in 1Password7 version? You can use device passcode to open 1Password too.

• @rohank1106

1Password 8 is a brand new app that was written from scratch and not every feature from 1Password 7 was included. That being said, we're continually developing and improving 1Password 8 and we just published a blog yesterday announcing that PIN code unlock (along with many other great features) is going to be coming to 1Password 8 for iOS very soon: Building a Better, More Useful 1Password

I hope that helps! 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.