Face ID is not working. [Should now be fixed in 1Password 8.10.0-52 update]

124»

Comments

• TarunChopra
    TarunChopra
    Community Member

Is the Face ID issue addressed?

• Hello everyone,

Our developers have identified the cause of the issue and have written code that will resolve the issue for affected users. A previous potential fix that we were testing internally introduced some unexpected behaviours and our developers decided not to release it in favour of taking a little longer to create a stable and solid fix which we’re now testing. We want to make sure that we get it right so that the issue is resolved permanently for everyone.

There have also been a few roadblocks that have prevented us from sending out an update quickly but we’re making good progress in resolving those as well. I don’t have any other information to share at this time.

We really appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding while we work to get a permanent and enduring fix into your hands. Although the issue is affecting only a subset of users and not all users, my colleagues and I on the customer support team are passing along each and every report so that the development and product teams are aware of the impact that the issue is having. I want to apologize again for the frustration.

I don’t have an ETA on when the fix will be ready but this is a top priority for the team and the fix will be included in an upcoming update. Thank you again for your patience and we hope to have more news to share soon.

-Dave

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member

I know I've been one of the folks reporting these issues repeatedly over many months, so I also want to be among the first to give thanks for the fix. I noticed the Safari extension in iOS working as it should have, and then found that the extension had been auto-updated. I then updated the beta in TestFlight and all good so far.

Now, I'd still love for some of the interface fixes in the main app to be addressed, but I'm pleased that the extension in Safari now works and I can login to various sites very easily now. Thanks!

• ldthorne
    ldthorne
    Community Member

Commenting to follow

• MikeT
    edited February 2023

Hey folks,

We just want to give you a heads-up, as it may reach two weeks since our last TestFlight build soon; some of you will notice 1Password for Safari will not unlock via the biometric sensor because the two weeks' reauthorization has kicked in. However, even after you enter the account password, it will reset back to the account password, instead of being extended back two weeks.

There is a confirmed bug we finally found recently that is not yet fixed in TestFlight builds and is still being tested internally, which didn't make the cut for today's TestFlight build (once it passes review). It will be fixed in the next one and in time for the next stable release soon.

See my comment here on how to work around this: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/676120/#Comment_676120

The bug is related to the main 1Password's setting where if it is set for every 30 days or never. Setting this back to two weeks for now will work around this issue for now.

We'll update as soon as the next TestFlight build is available with the fix.

• Hey folks,

We've just released the 1Password 8.10.0-52 beta update on TestFlight that should fully address the issue with 1Password extension for Safari and its biometric support.

Note that you'd need to lock and unlock the main 1Password app once to reset the whole state between the 1Password app and the extension.

This discussion has been closed.