To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lastpass import - any way to get files?

siberian
siberian
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Memberships

The latest lastpass update is the final straw, time to move perm to 1password.

I have many lastpass entries that have files attached (ssh keys etc). When I do my import, these files do not come across.

Anyone know of a way to get these over without going through thousands of entries indivudally in lastpass?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• DickieD
    DickieD
    Community Member

@siberian
    Apparently the latest version of 1Password now has a direct import from LastPass (not tried it yet but will shortly) but it will import all data including files apparently

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2023

Nice find @DickieD

• siberian
    siberian
    Community Member

I missed that somehow. The normal password import was fine but did not see this attachment process.

Ended up spending a few hours going password by password to make sure I lost nothing. Also was able to clear out a decade of old junk which was a nice benefit.

Let us know how well this works though! I suspect I have many of my friends and clients following me away from Lastpass soon.

• @siberian

It's a brand new import tool that our team worked very hard to get released last week. I definitely recommend that your friends and clients use it if they're migrating from LastPass: Move your data from LastPass to 1Password

If they do happen to run into any trouble then please have them reach out to our support team, we're here to help. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.