Locked out of 1PW7 on iOS after trying to migrate data to a family account

amicable
amicable
Community Member
edited January 2023 in iOS

I have 1PW7 on my phone and decided I'd move to a family account on 1Password.com. I signed up and made up a new password for the online account (i.e. different to the Master Password for 1PW7 on iOS).

• I went through the instructions on how to migrate data [1], specifically following the info for migrating from 1PW7.
  • I started the Move Data process and I left my phone to get on with it.
  • When I came back to my phone to log in again, my Master Password no longer let me into 1PW7.
  • The new password for my online account doesn't let me into the app either.

Moreover, nothing seems to have synced into the online account, so now I worry that I've actually lost data. I use 1 Password for ALL my passwords and if I cannot access the data on the phone, I will be unable to log into ... anything!!

Can someone help me get my data back? I was expecting this process to be smooth but it's turning into a nightmare. I'm hoping it's not too complicated to resolve.

[1] https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

Other info that may be relevant:

• I used to use dropbox to sync and I can see recently updated 1PW files in that dropbox folder (I've made a copy of it for now)
  • I have 1PW6 on my old laptop but that hasn't synced in 41 weeks (and it isn't syncing now)
  • I have the emergency kit for the online account but not for anything on iOS

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6.3
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 app login

Comments

• amicable
    amicable
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Brief update: Restarting 1PW6 on my old laptop has synced over the files from dropbox. Phew! I still can't get into the iOS app though.

Edit: And after browsing through the UI for the online site, I see all my passwords etc did sync. I just couldn't find the Private vault.

Edit2: Ok, panic over. Since the data did sync up to the account, I've resigned myself to the fact I'll be using 1PW8 on my phone. To any internet strangers who happened upon this mini-drama, thanks for reading :)

• Hello @amicable! šŸ‘‹

I'm so sorry to hear that you ran into trouble when migrating to a 1Password Families membership. Just to confirm: are you now able to see all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)? And are you able to unlock 1Password on all of your devices?

Let me know if you still need any help. šŸ™‚

-Dave

• amicable
    amicable
    Community Member

Hello @Dave_1P

Yes, I was able to find the 'private' vault by clicking around on the browser interface. I could only see the 'shared' vault before, when I clicked on 'Vaults' on the right hand navigation panel, and that confused me. I've been able to unlock 1Password on my devices and on the 1PW8 app on my phone (though I still couldn't get in via 1PW7)

I don't need any help at this stage, but thanks for asking.

• @amicable

I'm happy to hear that 1Password 8 is working on your devices and that you see all of your items. Let me know if there's anything else that I can help you with. šŸ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.