i set my 1 password to not lock for 300 minutes, but it auto locks every time i leave a window

janetz
janetz
Community Member

I changed computers. In my old computer, it did not auto lock. I installed 1password in this new system and it auto locks immediately if i leave a tab or window, although it is set to not do that for the max time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 11
Browser:_ chrome
Referrer: forum-search:i set my 1 password to not lock for 300 minutes, but it auto locks every time i leave a window

Comments

• Hi @janetz:

Just to confirm, are you configuring the auto lock preferences in 1Password for Windows, or my.1Password.com? The settings on my.1Password.com are only for when you're using 1Password.com.

To configure when 1Password for Windows locks, follow the steps here: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• Hello @janetz

I see you wrote into 1Password Support regarding auto lock settings, I just wanted to check in to see how things were going?
    If you're still needing assistance, feel free to reply here and we will be happy to assist further. If everything is OK and you no longer need help, you can ignore this message. 🙂

• jwclack52
    jwclack52
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I have the newest, "integrated" version of 1PW and can only set auto-lock in the desktop app. I have the following setup:

Set to lock after 4 hrs. No sleep/screensaver/etc on. Yet it locks after about 5-10 minutes! Not acceptable.

• Hello @jwclack52,

Thanks for your report and sending along this screenshot of your settings. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you are experiencing with 1Password locking after 5-10 minutes.

Next time this happens, please note the time and I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• jwclack52
    jwclack52
    Community Member

Nope - not going to beta test for a company I'm paying.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

@jwclack52. That's not Beta Testing. You have problem. Agilebits is trying to help you. Your response says "I've got a problem. You solve it. It is now your problem. I'm not prepared to help, but I expect a resolution." Impressive.

• Hello again @jwclack52,

I'm sorry the delay in my response.

Sometimes we have to troubleshoot (guess and check) to try and resolve an issue. Please understand that troubleshooting is a process. I understand you are frustrated by the troubles you are experceiring with the auto-lock function, but we need to gather some additional information to help determine what might be happing with your device. The requested diagnostics report can help to provide these types of details.

If you could attach this report to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com, that would be most helpful.

As previously mentioned, could you also include:

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

• jwclack52
    jwclack52
    Community Member

Sorry, but I don't have the time or resources to do that. Ask one of the many, many other suscribers who are also having this problem to do it.

• Thanks so much for your response, @jwclack52.

We understand your time is very valuable, but would need some additional details from a diagnostics report regarding your specific setup. If you have time in the future, we'd be happy to help investigate further.

Do let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

• jwclack52
    jwclack52
    Community Member

1PW auto-lock still completely unreliable. Randomly locks even though I have it set up for 8 hrs. Tested with caffe1ne enabled (no windows timeout) and 1PW still locks randomly. I've had to resort to leaving it set to "never" and locking my desktop.

• Hi @jwclack52! I'm sorry to hear that you're still running into trouble with auto-lock being unreliable. When 1Password randomly locks like this, are both the desktop app and browser extension locking at the same time, or is it just the extension that's locking, independently of the app?

If you're able to spare the time to email in to support+forum@1password.com with a diagnostics report, a link to this thread, and your forum username, we would be happy to look into this further with you.

• jwclack52
    jwclack52
    Community Member

Both are running.

• Hi @jwclack52, thanks for confirming that both are running. When this issue occurs, are they both locking together, or is the extension locking independently of the app? I'm wondering whether there might be some communication issues between the two that could be leading to the auto-lock issues you're seeing.

• jwclack52
    jwclack52
    Community Member

Didn't notice.

• Hi @jwclack52, thanks for getting back to us! I can see that you've emailed in - a member of the team will continue the conversion over there shortly 😄

ref: IDD-31889-731

This discussion has been closed.