How To: Install a previously purchased copy of 1Password 3

Radoc
Radoc
Community Member
Like some others, I'm eagerly waiting for release of the USB sync utility that is apparently in private beta. In the meantime, is there any way to revert to the previous iOS version so that I can Wi-Fi sync my devices? Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    If you have previously purchased 1Password 3, you can install it from your "Purchases" in the App Store just like any other previous purchase. Here is a link to the FAQ which explains the specifics:

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/ios-faqs.html#i-cant-find-1password-3-for-my-older-ios-devices-how-do-i-download-it

Cheers,
  • Radoc
    Radoc
    Community Member
    @khad: I assume that there's no way for iOS 1PW 3.0 to use the current database on my iPhone, which is running 4.0. So would the process be as follows?
    1. Delete 4.0 from my iPhone
    2. Install 3.x on my iPhone
    3. Wirelessly sync with my Mac to populate the database
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    All versions of 1Password across all platforms sync via Dropbox which is automatic and secure. It is the simplest way to keep all your data securely in sync between 1Password for Mac and all versions of 1Password for iOS.

If you cannot or will not use Dropbox for some reason then you can transfer the data from 1Password 4 for iOS to your Mac using iTunes File Sharing: http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Sync/iTunes-File-Sharing/itfs-getting-started.html

Or if you don't have any data in 1Password 4 for iOS that isn't already in 1Password on your Mac, you can just delete 1Password 4 for iOS and go back to syncing 1Password for Mac to 1Password 3 for iOS.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
  • Radoc
    Radoc
    Community Member
    I used the procedure that I outlined above (deleted 4.x, reinstalled 3.x, and synced) and it's fine. I'm looking forward to USB syncing and re-installing 4.x when the time comes - there are some features in 4.x I really liked. Thanks.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Great news! Thanks for letting me know that everything worked well. :)

We'll keep working on USB syncing for you. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. The beta is coming along very well.
This discussion has been closed.