need family plan for wife and self?

Options
jimbell
jimbell
Community Member

wife and i only ones to use. haven't yet signed up. also, if have had multiple p/w's for same app in past, can 1p/w accommodate? I don't know how to tell which one is current.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:need family plan for wife and self?

Comments

• joshua_1p
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hey @jimbell

We will be happy to help you with this. If you have not already, to avoid sharing private information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Skeeter07
    Skeeter07
    Community Member
    Options

If I understand your question, I have solved the problem for me and my wife by simply creating two logins, one with my username and password and the other with my wife's username and password.

• @Skeeter07

It sounds like you now have two family members on your 1Password Families account, and that's exactly how it should be for two users. If you ever need anything from us at 1Password Support, please do contact us. We'll be here to help. :)

• dragerz
    dragerz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I already have a families acct up and going and simply wish to add another member of the family. He has an existing individual acct about to end its trial. I assume I can send him an invite and my family acct will just pull him in without any issue? Or would he need to scrap all of his work and start fresh with the invite?

thx!

• @dragerz

If the new family member already has an individual account, he will then have two accounts: the original individual account and his new seat in the family account. Inviting someone to 1Password Families who already has an individual account doesn't merge or delete their individual account – they might still need it!

Instead, new family members should:

1. Accept the invitation they receive by email.
    2. Have a Family Organizer confirm them. The Family Organizer will receive an email about doing this.
    3. Copy their items from their individual account to their new 1Password Families account. ☞ Move and copy items
    4. (optional) Cancel their old individual account if they're not going to use it any longer. ☞ Manage your 1Password subscription

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.