Can't copy item titles anymore

couliten
couliten
Community Member

Hi,

Previously I was able to edit a login, highlight and copy and item title. I will do this for similar but separate entries, for example, setting up logins for my wife. For example, "1password - Bob", I copy the title and then change it to "1Password - Alice". But now I can't even do that, even in edit mode. Only "paste" is enabled here. This is a TERRIBLE interface, and I have to use the op command-line client to be able to copy item titles. Sometimes they are long so I don't want to mis-type something, and cut/paste is the easiest way. Why on EARTH would you have disabled this? I have to assume this is a bug?

I have attached an example screen shot to demonstrate that only the "paste" option is allowed for item titles in edit mode.

I am using: 1Password for Mac 8.9.13 (80913040)

Thanks,

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.6.2 (21G320)
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:item title

Comments

• @couliten

Update to 8.9.15 and let me know if that helps. I'm not sure it will. The issue has been resolved in our nightlies.

• couliten
    couliten
    Community Member

Thanks Tommy. No, unfortunately version 8.9.15 didn't fix the issue. I hope we can get a fix soon.

Do you know if it's possible for the developers or QA to include an automated test for this so that it won't break in the future? That would be my suggestion.

• To my understanding, the issue arose from Secure Input being enabled in that field. It should be fixed now. 🎉 I'd be happy to pass your feedback on to the team. Also, thank you for trying the latest and letting me know the fix was not there just yet. If the feature is needed or a valuable part of your workflow, you could try the nightly or beta.

Use 1Password beta releases

• couliten
    couliten
    Community Member

Thanks Tommy. I have a workaround for now (using the op cli) so I will use that if I need. I appreciate your follow-up.

This discussion has been closed.