Cannot sign into 1Password 8 for Mac with Security Key

F30
F30
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

After being largely skeptical and sticking with 1Password 7 for quite a while, I finally decided to give 1Password 8 a try. However, I could not even log into it.

I use physical Security Keys with my 1Password account. After entering the account credentials, the "Tap your security key to finish signing in" overlay appears in the 1Password 8 app. I cannot get it to recognize my Security Key – no matter how often I insert and tap it, the overlay will not disappear.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.2
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @F30

I notice from the footer of your post that you're using 1Password 8.9.13 – have you tried 8.9.14 (the current version) yet?

— Grey

• F30
    F30
    Community Member

Hi @GreyM1P,

I just upgraded to 8.9.14, but it doesn't change anything about the sign-in experience.

Also, feel free to move my thread to the Mac sub-forum. I opened it through the support page, that's why it appears to have ended up in the general sub-forum.

• @F30

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like you might have run into a known issue that our developers are working on a fix for. To confirm, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#19384

• F30
    F30
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Hi @Dave_1P,

I just emailed the diagnostics report. The support ID is [#BWN-44159-941].

• @F30

Thank you for posting the Support ID. Your ticket is with the right team and one of my colleagues will take a look at the diagnostics report and send you a reply as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: BWN-44159-941

This discussion has been closed.