is it possible to search in notes

Options
pmg2001
pmg2001
Community Member

Recently converted from Last Pass. Am i missing something? i can't seem to search content in notes. seems this has been noted before as a significantly desired feature (one that LastPass has) over many years and it other comments inferred that it would likely be incorporated. i can't figure it out if it has been done.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:is it possible to search in notes

Comments

• Hello @pmg2001,

Thanks for your question. Welcome to the 1Password and our Support Community!

You can search for an item that contains content in a Secure Note by entering a string you are searching for using Ctrl + Enter. This will populate the item list with items you looking for.

If you are referring to searching for (and highlighting) content in a specific item that includes a large note, please let us know and I'd be happy to pass this feedback along to the Product team for consideration.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

• mgk99
    mgk99
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this. Is it coming anytime soon? We have large notes and it is a pain just to copy the note content over to notepad to search for what we are looking for within the note.

• Hello @mgk99,

Thanks for your question and +1 for the ability to search and highlight content from large notes.

I can't make any promises and have no additional news to share about when this option may appear in 1Password 8. I've filed a feature request internally to share your thoughts with our Product team. They regularly review feature requests from our customers to consider what should be added to future versions of 1Password. Your feedback, along with feedback from our other customers, helps them with their planning.

If you have any future suggestions, please let us know. We're always here to help!

ref: 31639203

• daft
    daft
    Community Member
    Options

+1 absolutely need and basic functionality for any app handling text

• daft
    daft
    Community Member
    Options

Good ol' times.

• Hello @daft,

Thanks for your +1 regarding the ability to search Secure Notes. I've passed your feedback along to the team so they can take this into consideration when updating 1Password.

If you have any other suggestions, please let us know!

ref: 32478790

• FScheps
    FScheps
    Community Member
    Options

+1 we really need this ASAP. Its killing me to have to copy the whole content of my notes to a TXT to be able to search for something specific.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @FScheps, thanks for adding your +1 here! I've passed your feedback along to the team as well 😄

ref: 33472738

This discussion has been closed.