7.10.1 broke Safari Extension

c4jeff
c4jeff
Community Member

Hi, after installing 7.10.1 the Safari extension no longer works on my phone. I tried uninstalling the app, restarting the phone, and reinstalling the app and that made no difference. Is there any way to get it working again? 1Password 8 is a huge step backwards in functionality and my team can't upgrade to it, so I'm stuck with v7 for now.

1Password Version: 7.10.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.3
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:7.10.1

Comments

• Hello @c4jeff! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password for Safari isn't working on your iPhone with 1Password 7 for iOS. Our developers are aware of this issue and are investigating. I've added your report to the internal work item open for the issue.

In the meantime, you can still use Password AutoFill to save and fill your passwords: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your iPhone and iPad

1Password 8 is a huge step backwards in functionality and my team can't upgrade to it, so I'm stuck with v7 for now.

If you're using 1Password for Business/Teams then I encourage you to reach out to your account manager or our business team at business@1password.com to discuss this in more detail. We're always interested in hearing how we can make 1Password work for you and your team. 🙂

-Dave

ref: apple-5715

• c4jeff
    c4jeff
    Community Member

Great, thanks so much! I'm using autofill in the meantime, but missing the ability to insert credit card info that the extension provides.

I will definitely have my boss contact the business team, I know our main issue with v8 is the inability to search within secure notes, we have huge ones with our different clients' info and it's unusable without being able to search through them. Also the general changes to the search functionality in the app are super frustrating after such a nice easy experience with v7. I'll have him contact the team and hopefully can eventually upgrade to v8!

• @c4jeff

Version 7.10.2 has just been released and it includes a fix, it may take a little bit of time before you see it on your end. When you are running the new version let me know if you still see any issues with 1Password for Safari. 🙂

I will definitely have my boss contact the business team, I know our main issue with v8 is the inability to search within secure notes, we have huge ones with our different clients' info and it's unusable without being able to search through them. Also the general changes to the search functionality in the app are super frustrating after such a nice easy experience with v7. I'll have him contact the team and hopefully can eventually upgrade to v8!

Great! Our team looks forward to hearing from your boss. We have some great improvements coming to 1Password for iOS: Building a Better, More Useful 1Password

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.