Universal Autofill not working on M1 Pro - macos Ventura 13.2

Options
emper
emper
Community Member

I've been checking all over the internet including the 1Password forums for the solution but I can't seem to get it working. I'm pretty sure I've tried everything, so I'll list some of the things I've tried.

• Typical troubleshooting (shutdown mac, close apps).
  • Deleted 1Password with AppCleaner and reinstalled.
  • Make sure everything is up to date (app and macos).
  • Used first aid on driver (even used OnyX).
  • Followed every step in their guide - https://support.1password.com/mac-universal-autofill/

After trying all of these I kinda gave up, I'm sure it has to do with the Automation menu in Privacy & Security. That's the only step I couldn't figure out. After trying all of the above 1Password doesn't appear in my Automation menu and there in no way to add apps to this list.

Please help, universal autofill is a great feature and i want to use it!

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi there @emper

You'll find 1Password in the Accessibility section of Privacy & Security, instead of Automation:

1Password will only appear in the Automation tab if you start using the SSH agent.

Have a look in Accessibility instead and let me know what you find. :)

— Grey

• emper
    emper
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Grey.

Thank you for the quick reply, I wish that was the fix but I've done that step as well.

• @emper

OK, that looks like it should do. Could you list the steps you're taking to use Universal Autofill, including what app or browser you're trying to autofill into? I can then follow along and see what's going on.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@emper

Have you tried deleting the 1Password entry there, and manually re-adding it? Unfortunately, the entry in the list can't tell you which version has been given permission, and sometimes updates can cause this behavior.

• emper
    emper
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P

Sure. These are the steps I take to use Universal Autofill:

1. Open App (In this case I'm using Zoom)
    2. shift + cmd + space (for Quick Access)

3. Select the account and click autofill

4. I've clicked both options and neither work (Fill Once, Fill & Update Login)
  • emper
    emper
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC

Hello there, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried re-adding and even restarted afterwards (not sure if this was necessary) and still not working.

I would like to point out that 1Password wasn't in this Accessibility menu when initially downloaded, I had to add it my self.

• @emper

Sounds like we might need to do some investigation here to see what's going on. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

⚠️ Don't post your diagnostics report here.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much! :)

• emper
    emper
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P

Thank you for the help!

• @emper

I was able to locate your report. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: SQP-53658-912

• slprice
    slprice
    Community Member
    Options

Monday I noticed that Universal Autofill stopped working with Microsoft Remote Desktop (version 10.8.1).

1Password Version: 8.9.15 (Apple silicon)
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: macOS 13.2
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Universal Autofill Stopped Working with Microsoft Remote Desktop

• slprice
    slprice
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue, though mine is a new M2. I also submitted a diagnostic report [#RNH-13987-581].

• Thanks @slprice

It's here. We'll be in touch as soon as possible.

ref: RNH-13987-581

• JazzSax8
    JazzSax8
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue with Microsoft Remote Desktop. MacBook Pro (2019) running macOS Monterey 12.6.1 (21G217). I've submitted a diagnostic report as well.

• Thanks @JazzSax8, I can confirm we've received it and see you're already chatting with someone from the team. 🙂

ref: YJL-47178-434

• slprice
    slprice
    Community Member
    Options

Using the nightly channel, 1Password for Mac 8.10.6 (81006019), Universal Auto Fill worked this morning with Microsoft Remote Desktop version 10.8.2 (2088), on an M2 MacBook Pro running macOS Ventura 13.3.1 (22E261).

• Appreciate the update, @slprice! I'm glad to hear you're seeing an improvement. 😊

This discussion has been closed.