iPadOS 16.1 Watchtower crash [Fixed. Please see the approved answer for details.]

12346»

Comments

• millertime
    millertime
    Community Member

@WorldIRC It's not just the Watchtower problem, it's a series of bugs. I'm afraid that something is so incredibly wrong with the iOS team that they can't release. Whether Apple is preventing the release because the code is so bad or the internal test department won't give a go is pure speculation until there is a reliable statement from 1password that doesn't contain the usual blah blah.

• cruise2001
    cruise2001
    Community Member

I'm not one to comment much here or add fuel to the fire, but this is really embarrassing for 1Password.

• Lamkafamily
    Lamkafamily
    Community Member

On my iPad running iPasOS 16.3, going to watchtower and selecting any of the reports causes 1Password to crash. After the initial crash, 1Password will continue to cras immediately on use until I totally uninstall the app and download/reinstall.

I assume that this isn’t working as intended.

• Lamkafamily
    Lamkafamily
    Community Member

This is likely the same issue reported against iPadOS 16.1 back in 2022 https://1password.community/discussion/134761/ipados-16-1-watchtower-crash/p1

Sorry, I didn’t see this one before posting my item.

• showfour
    showfour
    Community Member

Crash on iPad (7th gen) OS16.3. Uninstalled and reinstalled also turned off Touch ID. Still crashing. Is there a patch for this.

• temanuelson
    temanuelson
    Community Member

I just signed up for 1Password and am having the same issue. I see that it’s been an issue since Oct. last year. What’s the plan to get this fixed??

• 123cloclo456
    123cloclo456
    Community Member

first day on trial and suffering from the same watchtower problem, oooookay

• loneranger25a
    loneranger25a
    Community Member

I want to check watchtower bust can’t because the app keeps closing down

1Password Version: 8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Ios16.2
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:1password8 shuts down on ios16.2

• @loneranger25a

You are experiencing a known issue with the Watchtower functionality on the iPad. The crash is specific to the iPad. If you have another device that you can use in the interim, you should have no trouble. The team is working to resolve the issue.

If you remove and reinstall the app, you should get back to running. Be sure not to use the Watchtower functionality until the issue is resolved. It's filed under id # 18214, if you like to keep up with release notes.

• faustus67
    faustus67
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

I really want to like iPassword. But it seems to not make it easy. I downloaded the app this morning and am running 1Password 8 on my M1 iPad Pro using iPadOS 16.3. I can sometimes start the apps, but if go to Watchtower and try to list sites under one of the categories it crashes. It also crashes if I try to search for a site with a password or doesn’t search at all. If I restart it a couple times, it continues to crash when I use it then it won’t even start.

I’ve restarted my iPad but it did not help. I then uninstalled iPassword, restarted my iPad and reinstalled the app but this behaviour persists.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

dave

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

@faustus67

This is a known issue when accessing the watchtower functionality. We're working to resolve this in an upcoming release. If you have another device you can access Watchtower from it and not experience any issues. To resolve the crash now reinstall. Be sure not to use the Watchtower functionality until the issue is resolved. It's filed under id # 18214, if you like to keep up with release notes.

ref: dev/core/core#18214

• faustus67
    faustus67
    Community Member

Ok. Thanks for the quick update.

• @faustus67

You're welcome. I'm hoping we can get this out to you soon. I know many folks are looking for a resolution. Building a Better, More Useful 1Password is some of the things to look forward to.

• doctormo
    doctormo
    Community Member

Still an issue with iPad Air, iOS v16.3, 1P v8.9.7, update status?

• edwardsson
    edwardsson
    Community Member

When could we expect a solution to this bug? Do you expect it will take some days, some weeks, or even some months?

• edwardsson
    edwardsson
    Community Member

If I restart my iPad and instead of trying to log in to 1P with the Touch ID use the 1P password, it will launch without crashing. Beware of using the WatchTower until the bug is fixed.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 2023

1Password Approved Answer

Hello folks,

We've released a new update today which fixes an issue that would cause the 1Password app to crash on the iPad. You can find complete release notes about version 8.10.0 on our website: 1Password Releases

Your iPad will update 1Password automatically if automatic updates are turned on; otherwise, open the App Store app to download the latest version.

If 1Password is still crashing after updating then please let us know by creating a new thread so that we can investigate further.

Thank you for everyone's patience and to everyone who sent in a diagnostics report to help our developers track down and resolve the issue. I'm sorry for the frustration that the issue caused and for the delay in getting a fix out to everyone. This is our biggest iPadOS update ever and includes not only bug fixes but new features like reordering fields and sections in items, the ability to set a default vault for saved items, and improved search. Read about these and more upcoming features on our blog! 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.