1password does not fill American Airlines android app (Android 13 on Pixel 7)

jwnewman53
jwnewman53
Community Member

When I launch the American Airlines app on my Pixel 7 (Android 13), 1password will not fill in the login form.

(Please note: I am NOT talking about filling the third field, "Last Name", which I have seen other discussions about on the web.)

Nothing gets filled in in the username or password field, and clicking on either field does not cause 1password to popup with suggested logins.

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 13
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password does not fill American Airlines android app

Comments

• Hi @jwnewman53,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

If you long press/hold the AAdvantage # or username field, then tap the three dots from the context menu that appears, followed by Auto-fill, would autofill suggestion now appear either at the top of your keyboard or below the login fields?

I hope this helps

-- Brendan

• jwnewman53
    jwnewman53
    Community Member

Hi, @BrendanR1P ,

When I long-press and tap "Autofill", nothing happens.

Jim

• Thanks for checking that @jwnewman53.

Looking at the American Airlines app, if I tap the username field I do get a prompt from 1Password. Tapping that prompt fills the username and password field for me.

I'd like to ask you to set autofill prompts below fields:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    4. Tap Display Autofill prompts > Below the fields they relate to.

Now when you tap the username or password field in the American Airlines app do you see a prompt on screen? Thanks again!

• jwnewman53
    jwnewman53
    Community Member

Please pardon me if I'm being dense (it wouldn't be the first time), but whether from the web interface, the smartphone app, or the Windows app, when I go to the American Airlines entry I find nothing for either "Settings" or "Autofill".

The username/password fill in correctly on the aa.com website, but not on the AA smart app. And so far, the AA app is the only one I've had this problem with.

• Hi @jwnewman53 thanks for following up with us.

There are a lot of menus with 1Password for Android and it can be easy to miss settings. I've included some screenshots below to help highlight where you can find the options:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. In the top right corner, tap the account or collection icon (if an item or section is currently open, tap Home or Items along the bottom row a few times first to get back to the main pages).
    3. Tap Settings
    4. Tap Autofill.
    5. Tap Display Autofill prompts and select Below the fields they relate to.

Let us know how that goes and thanks again!

• jwnewman53
    jwnewman53
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

OK, well first of all, when I tapped "Home", there was no option available for "Settings" . . . . BUT . . . . after trying to take a screenshot for you, which was prevented by the 1Password application, all of a sudden an avatar showed up in the top right corner, and I could tap that to get to "Settings". So perhaps there's a bug in there?

In any event, I went to "Settings" and set "Display Autofill Prompts" as you suggested. But when I go to the AA app, there is no additional information shown on the Login screen. Further, if I tap on the Password field, a prompt to "Open 1Password" appears, but when I tap that prompt a screen appears saying there are no suggested logins.

• Hi @jwnewman53, thanks for following up with me.

We've seen a few scenarios where the account icon button can temporarily disappear. The team here is working to get that resolved. If this occurs, tapping to another tab or closing and reopening the app will typically return the button. My apologies for the trouble.

The "Open 1Password" menu only suggests linked items. So, if you haven't previously linked your American Airlines item to the app, it won't be suggested. You can search for your American Airlines item by title in the search bar of the "Open 1Password" menu, select the item, then tap "Fill & Update Login". This will fill the item and add a link so it's suggested in the future.

Let me know how that goes!

• jwnewman53
    jwnewman53
    Community Member

OK, seems to be working now -- thanks!

• Thanks for the update, @jwnewman53!

This discussion has been closed.