1PW8 PIN Code

Options
124Β»

Comments

• meyercr
    meyercr
    Community Member
    Options

Just got new iPad, but still using version 7, because there is no PIN option. Please listen to the Users and put the PIN option back. While you are at it, put the pin option in android app also.

Thank you

• meyercr
    meyercr
    Community Member
    Options

After the security breach with LastPass, you will be gaining more users, please make your app as useful as possible, put in the pin option

• @SecretSquirrel

I'm afraid that whether or not PIN code unlock is brought to 1Password 8 isn't my call to make since I'm just on the support team. As mentioned, the product team has received your feedback and is looking into this for the future although I can't say when, or if, the feature will be brought back.

I've noted everyone's comments in the internal discussion for PIN code unlock. Thank you again for your feedback. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• SmoochThisPooch
    SmoochThisPooch
    Community Member
    Options

Please let the team know that I just noticed 1Password 8 was out, installed it, found that I couldn't set a pin, and I'm reinstalling a backup of 1Password 7 now. I don't even have my Face ID set up, and I plan to keep it that way. Passwords and pins are protected by law. Biometrics and face ID are not. For political activists and the like, a pin feature is non-negotiable.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/face-id-can-protect-iphone-x-from-thieves-but-not-the-law/

• wilsonbeebejr
    wilsonbeebejr
    Community Member
    Options

Concur with all regarding elimination of PIN code feature; absence has turned a functional/reasonable interface into a nuisance.

• istanley12
    istanley12
    Community Member
    Options

Just switched to 1Password 8 in the past week and I am switching back to 7 because of the lack of pin. I don’t use Face ID and I am tired of typing my password on my phone.

• winstonion
    winstonion
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

Its even worse on iOS I think.. I just switched to a new Iphone Pro Max from Android 6P, added all the permission I can find, increased auto-lock on exit to 4 hours and I still have to finger in "unending-birdie-madrigal-will-plusonemore" almost every app - some even force re-login between username touch and password field under it - literally on the same app form - not a web-form (Lettuce Portfolio Manager). Same app, selecting "Continue with Google" flow (with 1P already unlocked separately) will load the google form, 1P gives me the option to see and select from my various google accounts but when you select one you have to enter stinking "unending-birdie-madrigal-will-plusonemore" again. I simply do not want to explain every other scenario this continues to occur for. Yeah I can manually switch back to 1p, copy to clip board, switch back but the prompts are trying to convince me 1p is going to work but it doesn't.

Don't show me the option if you can't do it.

I suspect PIN for 1P8 on iOS will NEVER get added because FaceID is clearly being pushed with the link right in app to demystify trepidations. I get it... I still don't want to use it on this phone. If you care about user experience a PIN option is obvious, imo. And and if your'e only going to internally discuss and not going to "pre-announce features or give ETAs" then I assume its because of the above, but I don't actually care... it is what it is, I'm just giving you outside user perspective from someone locked in your ecosystem.

PW managers are a sticky product but these re-login frustrations will eventually fuel another exit for me. Right now desktop experience + 1tp code sync (awesome) + plus good security practices is keeping me around. I came from LastPass, a paying family member for 7 years. They are worse than 1P so won't be going back there for sure.

• Exciting news! The product team has listened to everyone's feedback and PIN code unlock is coming to 1Password for iOS with a future update. πŸŽ‰

You can read more about our plans for PIN code unlock and other awesome new features on our new blog: Building a Better, More Useful 1Password

Thank you to everyone for voicing your need for this feature. 😊

-Dave

• winstonion
    winstonion
    Community Member
    Options

!! thanks for the update Dave. I’ve been in support, appreciate your communication in this!

• @winstonion

I'm happy to share the news! 😊

-Dave

• petermcm
    petermcm
    Community Member
    Options

I agree with @noraar
    Also what is the ETA for the new version? Days, Weeks, Months or over a Year?

• Some of the items, if not all are in testing in the various environments. We're hoping to get them to you as soon as possible.

• pete16
    pete16
    Community Member
    Options

Bumping this thread again. This is really disappointing from a long time user. We need PIN code support.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

@pete16 it’s coming. It was mentioned a few posts up.

• pete16
    pete16
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

@prime thanks

• ckbks
    ckbks
    Community Member
    Options

If there is no pin unlock on 1P8 then why when I sign in on the Windows 10 app does it ask only for PIN or biometric, neither of which I can use? How do I make this go away? It actually says you can set a PIN but I've been through all the Setting options and cannot find it. That's how I ended up here where I learned it is not in use in this version.

• @ckbks

This thread is regarding using a PIN to unlock 1Password on an iPhone or iPad which isn't yet available. Can you clarify if you need help with 1Password on an iPhone/iPad or on your Windows PC?

@SecretSquirrel

PIN unlock is already available in the beta version of 1Password for iOS as of version 8.10.3-16. Once our beta testing is complete the feature will be included in an update to the production version on the App Store as well. I don't have a specific date on when that will be. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• ckbks
    ckbks
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P Sorry, I missed that. And I also discovered the PIN request was coming from Windows, not 1PW, thus my inability to find the setting. I am a new user, Apologies for the error.

• @ckbks

Absolutely no trouble! I'm not as familiar with Windows but it sounds like the PIN is probably coming from Windows Hello.

If you do have any questions or issues in the future then don't hesitate to ask. And welcome to 1Password! 😊

-Dave

• Johncord
    Johncord
    Community Member
    Options

Relieved to see PIN is coming back soon. I just switched from Roboform to 1Password. It is soooo much better in just about every way. But I noticed there was no PIN feature on mobile and found this thread. You all rock for humbly listening to the feedback and making it right. So glad I switched! 1PW-FTW.

• jazzlover
    jazzlover
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on bringing back the PIN code to 1Password 8. This is the feature that has been holding me back from upgrading to 8 from 7.

• Hello everyone! πŸ‘‹

I'm sorry for not updating this thread earlier. I'm happy to report that PIN code unlock was released on April 11th:

You can now use your device’s passcode to unlock the app (Settings > Security > Device PIN).

Please update to 8.10.4 or later: How to keep 1Password up to date

If you run into any issues with the feature then please open a new thread or email support@1Password.com πŸ™‚

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.