Password view as barcode

Brrry
Brrry
Community Member

When my wife is at work and wants to sign into a website but can't use 1Password, she asks me not to use a complex password for that site. This is because she has to access her phone to view the password and type it in manually. Is it possible to add a feature where the user can view the password as a barcode, so she can use the scanner provided at work?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• shhh
    shhh
    Community Member

Comment to watch the thread

• OmniiOMEGA
    OmniiOMEGA
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

OR you mean scan a QR code using your phone logged into 1Password already onto the public computer to easily sign in yeah?

• Hello @Brrry! πŸ‘‹

Can you tell me a little more about your suggestion? Is there a particular standardized format of "barcode" that you'd like 1Password to support converting passwords into? How does a website scan that barcode and extract the password? Is there an example of a website that supports this that you can post so that I can take a look?

I look forward to hearing from you. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• Brrry
    Brrry
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

Sorry. What I mean is qr code. If my password is like. "*SGo^\gGH$+822aD;@r1!". Instead of typing it in a public computer, Ill just open 1password, view password as qr code, then using qr code scanner attach to a public computer and scan the qr code generated by 1password in my phone.

• @Brrry

Thank you for the clarification, I've passed along your suggestion to the product team. πŸ™‚

In the meantime, you can email your wife a secure share link containing the password for a website. Then she can copy and paste the password into the website that she's logging into: Securely share 1Password items with anyone

We also have some very exciting things coming along this year with the introduction of Passkeys. We're hoping to build a mobile authentication experience so that you'll be able to login to your favourite apps and websites even if you don't have 1Password installed on a device. You can find a sneak peak at the 2 minute mark in the video on this page: Passkeys: the future of authentication in 1Password

I hope that helps. 😊

-Dave

ref: PB-30726294

This discussion has been closed.