I am unable to log into 1Password. I have my ID, password and secret key but lost the MFA app

Options
henridaumas
henridaumas
Community Member

No matter what I try, I am always prompted for an MFA code. How do I disable the MFA configuration for my account so that I can re-do it?

All instructions I have found to reset MFA have failed. (https://support.1password.com/two-factor-authentication/)

On a Mac:
1. Open and unlock 1Password on an Authorized Mac
--- After opening 1Password I am prompted for a password which I provide. I am then prompted for an MFA code which I don't have. I therefore cannot unlock it.

On an Android device:
1. Open and unlock 1Password on an authorized Android device
--- Fortunately, I was still logged into 1Password on my phone and so was able to unlock 1Password
2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top right and choose Manage Accounts
--- I am able to do this
3. Find the account you want and tap the (3-dot icon) > "Turn off two-factor authentication."
--- Tapping the 3-dot icon next to my account only gives me a 'Sign Out' option. There is no "Turn off..." option.

In a browser, on 1Password.com:
1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com in an authorized browser.
--- After providing my ID, password and Secret Code I am prompted for an MFA code which I don't have.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I am unable to log into 1Password. I have my ID, password and secret key but not the MFA app

Comments

• Hello @henridaumas! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to access your 1Password account after losing your authenticator app. I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can assist further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• henridaumas
    henridaumas
    Community Member
    Options

I resolved this issue. I finally found the server and browser where I had originally set up MFA and was able to log in. I then changed the MFA app to one I had installed. Thanks for your response.

• Thank you for updating us @henridaumas I'm happy to hear that you could resolve this.

This discussion has been closed.