Keyboard shortcut to open the popup is not working anymore on Chrome

aniforprez
aniforprez
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

The shortcut Ctrl + Shift+ X no longer seems to work for some reason and isn't opening the browser popup and is consequently also not opening the 1Password Windows app either. I need to click on the extension icon to open the popup. It's still set in the Chrome settings. Surprisingly, the lock shortcut continues to work and locks the extension. I have not tried it with other browsers

Screenshot for Chrome keyboard shortcuts settings

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Hi @aniforprez,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

Can you start by giving your computer a complete restart and let me know if it gets things back on track for you?

Let me know how you get on!

ref: dev/core/core#19768

• aniforprez
    aniforprez
    Community Member

Yeah tried restarting but same thing. The shortcut isn't working. As I mentioned, the lock shortcut does work but not Ctrl + Shift + X to bring up the popup. It's integrated with the desktop app if that helps and the desktop app is open and running.

• Thank you for the prompt response @aniforprez, I have seen a couple of similar reports of this behaviour since upgrading to 1Password in the browser 2.6.0.

Can you try a fresh install of 1Password in your browser by right clicking the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose remove from Chrome and then install a fresh copy from here: Install 1Password in your browser.

If this doesn't help can you please send over an email containing the following:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• aniforprez
    aniforprez
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

It's working again after reinstalling the Chrome extension and I can also confirm that it works on both Mac and Windows. Thanks for the help! I hope you can continue investigating the issue because it's odd that this happened at all.

• Thank you for the update @aniforprez.

I'm sorry for the disruption, our team is looking into this.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all and have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.