Browser extension no longer offering Touch ID

Lewys
Lewys
Community Member
edited January 2023 in Mac

Hi,

It might be coincidence, but I've just updated to 1Password for Mac 8.9.14 (80914009) and now 1Password for Firefox and Chrome no longer offer the ability to unlock with Touch ID, the main 1Password app, however, can still be unlocked with Touch ID.

Do you have any ideas what I can do to get it working again?
I did think it might be wise to just roll back the version of 1Password (just to see if that made a difference), but I couldn't find anywhere to download previous versions?

I've restarted, browser, 1P and my Mac – I've also disabled and re-enabled all Touch ID settings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 1P extension for both Firefox and Chrome and neither offer Touch ID still.

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: 13.2
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• rtd
    rtd
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Can confirm, lost TouchID functionality in Firefox as well. It appears the browser extension is unable to find the native app. I tried re-installing both the extension, and the desktop app, but no luck. Getting the following errors for the browser extensions when I debug:

Uncaught (in promise) Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
    Desktop app port disconnected. Error: No such native application com.1password.1password7

Could be wrong, but I think I've been on 1Password 8 for a while now, so not sure why it's looking for a 1Password 7 file.

1Password Version: 8.9.14
    Extension Version: 2.5.1
    OS Version: MacOS (Ventura) 13.2
    Browser Version: Firefox v109

• toma42
    toma42
    Community Member

Having the same problem that TouchID on Chrome extension isn't working after a full upgrade of everything today moved to
    Mac: Macbook Pro 14-inch M1 Pro
    OS Version: MacOS (Ventura) 13.2
    1password: 8.9.14
    Browser Version: Chrome Version 109.0.5414.119 (Official Build) (arm64)
    Extension version: 2.6.0

Hoping to get confirmation team can reproduce and has been accepted as a bug to fix.
    thank you!

• kindsmo
    kindsmo
    Community Member

1password for mac is set to update automatically.
    It has updated itself to version 8.9.14
    Now the integration with Firefox extension version 2.5.1 is broken
    meaning I have to log into and unlock the 1password desktop app and browser extension separately.
    Previously both apps would unlock with touch id.

• lloydb
    lloydb
    Community Member

Same here. Exact same behaviour. I'm an I.T. Engineer so have done all the normal testing, re-installing etc. This has happened to me before and I can't remember if it righted itself or I had to do something drastic. Hopefully they can get something rolling to address this.
    Annoyingly, the Safari (cough cough) extension works perfectly when I tested that.

• Lewys
    Lewys
    Community Member

FYI: A temporary fixed by someone on Reddit has been posted: https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/10naloj/comment/j69q1pc/

• drgonzo
    drgonzo
    Community Member

After checking lots of settings I closed chrome and reopened it and bingo back in again.

• drgonzo
    drgonzo
    Community Member

Well that lasted for 3 websites, now the issue is back.

• lloydb
    lloydb
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

Have spoken with 1Password. They are aware of it and are going to release a fix soon. It's very rare that we have anything too dreadful happen with 1Password, so as long as I know they are aware of it and are going to fix, I'm happy-enough. Just thought I'd update here.

• rtd
    rtd
    Community Member

@Lewys That temporary fix works for me for now, thanks for sharing!

• Hi all.

1Password for Mac 8.9.15 has been released which fixes this issue. You should be offered the update automatically, but if not, you can click the 1Password menu > Check for Updates... to find it manually.

• eastwest
    eastwest
    Community Member
    edited January 2023

@GreyM1P Installed the update and it fixed the problem for me, thanks for the heads up.

Chrome Version 109.0.5414.119
    MacOS 13.2

• Excellent! On behalf of Grey, you're welcome.

• Nialan
    Nialan
    Community Member

I can confirm that upgrading to 8.9.15 fixed that issue.
    Thanks 1Password for reacting so quickly.

• @Nialan

I'm happy that everything is working now. 😊

-Dave

• toma42
    toma42
    Community Member

Thank you! Also fixed for me when I updated Chrome today now on my Mac with Ventura:
    1password 8.9.15
    Chrome extension 2.7.0
    Chrome 110.0.5481.77 (Official Build) (arm64)

• That's great news @toma42 Thank you for sharing.

This discussion has been closed.