Firefox extension and signing in to the 1P extension

mskopel01
mskopel01
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

The Firefox extension seems to lock once the computer goes to sleep. The 1Password app stays unlocked for 4 hours as I have specified in settings. Should the extension be following the same settings as the app? If not, is there a way to prevent the extension from asking for a password if the app is still signed in?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Mac 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.5.1
OS Version: MacOS 13.2
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• david.m_1P
    edited January 2023

Hi @mskopel01 ,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can have the 1Password extension's Security settings be controlled by the 1Password app by enabling app integration. This allows the 1Password extension and 1Password app to share lock state, so if your 1Password app is locked or unlocked, your 1Password extension will be too, and vice versa.

Here's how to enable app integration within 1Password in your browser's settings:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar.
    3. Select Settings.
    4. Under General ensure that "Integrate with 1Password app" is toggled on.

I should mention that if you're a 1Password for Mac user, there was recently an issue that affected the 1Password extension's ability to share lock state with the 1Password app on browsers other than Safari. A fix is now available in version 8.9.15 of the 1Password app, so I would recommend updating once you have a moment.

Let us know how you get on!

• mskopel01
    mskopel01
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I have discovered the problem. Under settings I have Automatically Lock 1Password, Lock when idle for 4 hours but I did not notice the next line, Lock when device goes to sleep. I just assumed 1Password would stay unlocked when setting the hours till lock. I have turned this setting off which solve the problem.

Thanks.

• Thank you for the update @mskopel01, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.