Autofill with Chrome

pinecone
pinecone
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Since installing 8 and the corresponding chrome extension, I cannot get autofill to work. I dont want 1Password to autofill anything. When I need a password, I click on the extension icon, login & retrieve what I need (passwords).

I want Chrome to handle the autofill of addresses, names, etc.

When I look at Chrome settings it states that 1Password is controlling autofill. My only option is a disable button that disables the extension entirely.

In 1 Password I have both of these toggles off.

I was able to do what I wanted with 7 and the old extension. Is it possible with the new one?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• pinecone
    pinecone
    Community Member

Am I the only one that uses autofill that way? Thanks for any help.

• Hey @pinecone:

While we'd recommend using 1Password as your primary password manager, as well as filling addresses and names, it's definitely possible to use it in combination with Chrome's password manager.

Access 1Password in the browser's settings again, and disable the option "Make 1Password the default password manager". This will allow you to use Chrome's autofill for addresses, names, and credit cards, while continuing to use 1Password for Logins. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• pinecone
    pinecone
    Community Member
    edited May 2022

@Jack.P_1P Thank you for your recommendation. But I prefer the method that has always worked for me.

I do not find the setting you refer to in Chrome. I'm looking at chrome://settings/autofill . Is this the correct location?

• Hi @pinecone:

1Password in the browser's settings can be accessed by right clicking the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, and then choosing Settings. From there, you can disable the "Make 1Password the default password manager" setting.

Jack

• laffingleigh
    laffingleigh
    Community Member

Hi Jack,

I'm following up on pinecone's trail here. I am having the same issue. My concern is about email addresses. I meet with client's via Zoom and use Calendly to schedule their next appointment. I regularly had Chrome autofill my client's email. Since installing 1Password 8, Chrome has stopped autofilling their email. Is that something 1Password can learn to do?

Additionally, I gathered above that I can have 1Password 8 autofill addresses? Right now, it's also not autofilling my address when Chrome would. How do I get that to happen?

Thanks!

• dmann
    dmann
    Community Member

I'm with @pinecone and @laffingleigh. This has been really annoying for me since I switched from Chrome's built in password manager to 1Password

• laffingleigh
    laffingleigh
    Community Member

I'm still having this issue.

This discussion has been closed.