DeletePermanently in RecentlyDeleted items execs OK for <= 49 items; for >=50, no action or error?

Options
pgnd
pgnd
Community Member
edited March 2023 in Linux

I'm running 1Password for Linux 8.9.10 (80910026), installed from 1Password's yum/Fedora repo.

I've a Family account, currently in Trial mode.

After a quirky migration/import from LastPassFamily, I've ended up with ~450 items in my Recently Deleted folder. I'd like to destroy all of them permanently.

Selecting up to 49 items, Delete Permanently action works as expected -- gets a success notice, and they're gone.

But, for 50+ selected items, on exec, there's no (immediately apparent) error, no message -- just no action. The items are simply not deleted.

Breaking the same group into <=49 item chunks, again, all's good.

Bug, known or otherwise? Or setting buried somewhere?

1Password Version: 8.9.10 (80910026)
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Linux/Fedora37
Browser:_ Firefox 107

Comments

• YellowVista
    YellowVista
    Community Member
    Options

Same bug on 1Password for Windows 8.9.14 (80914009).

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. This isn't one I heard of before, and I'm not seeing anything that seems related filed. So we can get a better handle on what is happening, I'd like to ask you to do the following steps, please:

1. Reproduce the issue (e.g. try to delete 50+ items from the Recently Deleted section)
    2. Note the time
    3. Create a diagnostics report from your computer

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Ben

• YellowVista
    YellowVista
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. This isn't one I heard of before, and I'm not seeing anything that seems related filed. So we can get a better handle on what is happening, I'd like to ask you to do the following steps, please:

Reproduce the issue (e.g. try to delete 50+ items from the Recently Deleted section)
    Note the time
    Create a diagnostics report from your computer
    Sending Diagnostics Reports
    Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/135732/deletepermanently-in-recentlydeleted-items-execs-ok-for-50-no-action-or-error
    Your forum username
    The time noted in step 3 above
    You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Done. #VPQ-59459-872

• Ben
    Options

Thank you!

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#17690

• thadude923234
    thadude923234
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

Same issue here. I have over 1600 to delete after a botched import from another password manager's HORRIBLE export (certain types of data are inconsistently placed in different columns, etc).

Also since there's no selected item count, I kinda have to eyeball it, taking FOREVER. :D

Also, the web GUI only lets me permanently delete items ONE at a time. Would be nice to get full feature parity between the app and the web UI.

For example, the import in the app literally just dumps everything into a new vault, and doesn't let you select which column is what, while the Web UI does.

Conversely, the Web UI only lets me permanently delete one item at a time, whereas the app lets me select 49 (presumably should let me select them all and delete).

• techexplorers
    techexplorers
    Community Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

@thadude923234
    +1 i agree maybe the 1password team can work on this

• AliH1P
    Options

Hi folks, our developers are currently investigating this issue and I've added you to our list of affected customers.

Your patience is appreciated as we work on this.

Ali

ref: dev/core/core#17690

• pgnd
    pgnd
    Community Member
    Options

@AliH1P
    Has this been resolved ?
    If so, @ which 1Password release ?

• GreyM1P
    Options

@pgnd

This was fixed in 1Password version 8.10.6:

We’ve fixed an issue that prevented permanently deleting more than 49 items from Recently Deleted.

— 1Password Releases blog

• pgnd
    pgnd
    Community Member
    Options

noted. thx.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@pgnd – You're welcome. We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.