macOS Edge extension no longer responds to keyboard shortcuts

Options

To preface: I understand this is an Edge issue. But I wanted to document it in case you're unaware.

Currently, the latest version of Edge on macOS (and probably on Windows, who are we kidding?) now no longer allows you to fill with a keyboard shortcut.

Hitting the system global shortcut (CMD+\) or extension shortcut (CMD+SHIFT+X) both try to open some new drag/select to copy feature that was stealth added. It does not seem possible to disable this shortcut.

To make matters worse, you cannot use CMD to create a different shortcut because their shortcut input box does not recognize the CMD key at all. CTRL, SHIFT, ALT, all work fine but that's not the point.

I'm hoping that there's a chance someone at 1Password might have a contact at Microsoft to fast track a fix for this? Their browser is basically broken right now and 1Password is its casualty.

1Password Version: 8.9.15
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: macOS 13.1
Browser:_ Edge 109.0.1518.70 (Official build) (arm64)

Comments

• Hey @brendanc,

I'm sorry for the trouble, can you start with the below steps and and let me know if it improves things:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit Edge by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Edge and test if the shortcuts are working properly.

Let me know how you get on and if you are still having trouble so we can try a different approach.

• brendanc
    brendanc
    Community Member
    Options

I've completed the steps above. It's not a 1Password issue. I installed Brave and the same exact plugins I'm using on Edge and everything works as expected.

This is definitely an Edge issue. I want to use Edge, which is why I was hoping someone at 1Password might know someone that's involved in that project over there. If not, I guess I'll just have to switch to another browser, lol.

This discussion has been closed.