Watchtower inaccurate count of inactive two factor authentication

Options
Skeeter07
Skeeter07
Community Member

Watchtower showed 19 sites that have two-factor authentication available. I showed those sites and set up 2FA on two of them yesterday, but Watchtower still shows 19 sites. I set up 2FA using the authentication app Authy.

1Password Version: 8.9.13
Extension Version: 2.5.2
OS Version: Android 13/ Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:Watchtower inaccurate count of inactive two factor authentication

Comments

• Skeeter07
    Skeeter07
    Community Member
    Options

Update: Included in the 19 sites are 8 that have 2FA set up in the Authy app. 4 sites that are set up in Authy are not listed among the 19 sites that are listed in Watchtower.

• ag_audrey
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hey @Skeeter07, welcome to our Community Forum!

To start, you can use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication. Inactive two-factor authentication in Watchtower shows Logins for websites that support 2FA, but don't have a one-time password set up with 1Password. 1Password does not have visibility into 2FA set up in other apps, such as Authy, so that's why you're still seeing the same number of sites despite adding 2FA to 8 sites in Authy.

If you'd prefer to manage 2FA in Authy, you can tap on "Ignore" in each Login:

Hope that helps, and let me know if you have further questions!

• InspGadget70
    InspGadget70
    Community Member
    Options

If you have 2FA set up outside of 1Password for a given account (using Authy or some other authenticator app), you can add a "2FA" tag to that account record and 1Password will no longer list it on Watchtower under 2FA available but not used.

I prefer this over ignoring the alert. This way I have a way to know which sites/services offer 2FA and on which ones I've activated it.

• Thanks for chiming in here, @InspGadget70. You're absolutely right and love that you're enjoying that feature!

This discussion has been closed.