Exclude specific entries or vaults from auto-fill?

Options
jlg3
jlg3
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

In 1password 7, I could exclude specific entires or entire vaults from auto fill, but I don't see how to accomplish this in 1password 8. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 8.9.12
Extension Version: 2.4.1
OS Version: 12.6.2
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @jlg3 !

You are able to stop specific entries from being suggested on their website. But you need to install the latest beta build of the desktop app. Here you could choose if entries should be suggested or not.

• jlg3
    jlg3
    Community Member
    Options

@DenalB Thanks for the reply, however this isn't the same feature as in 1password 7. With 1P7, I could exclude specific entries and vaults from autofill. There are some sites, like login.microsoftonline.com where I want certain entries to show in the auto fill dialog, and others tied to same site I want to exclude or hide. So I want to change autofill behavior based on a vault, entry, or even collection, but not based on the site itself.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @jlg3 !

You could choose accounts / vaults for autofill in the browser extension.

Maybe this helps?

• sammysf
    sammysf
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @DenalB - I tried doing this, and the chrome browser extension is still autofilling from vaults I have unselected. Any ideas on why that's happening?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Any ideas on why that's happening?

No, I don't have any other idea ... Sorry. Maybe someone from 1Password is able to help?

• steph.giles
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hey @sammysf,

The behaviour you are describing does indeed sound strange.

Are you able to see the items from the disabled vaults when you click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar or are they just appearing in the inline menu suggestions?

In addition, can you paste chrome://extensions into your address bar followed by the enter key and let me know what you see here? Which version of 1Password do you have installed? Are you seeing multiple versions of 1Password?

Any information would be most useful.

• sammysf
    sammysf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles,

Interesting! The items from the disabled vaults are not visible when I click on the 1Password icon in my browser toolbar, and are only visible when I use my cmd-\ hotkey to autofill / show options if multiple exist.

It looks like I have "1Password - Password Manager 2.7.0" installed. I also have "1Password extension 1Password extension (desktop app required) 4.7.5.90" installed, but it's disabled.

• Hi @sammysf,

The cmd + \ shortcut by default invokes Universal Autofill and, more importantly, pulls this data from the 1Password Mac app itself. The browser extension still helps to ensure the correct fields are connected to the correct data but to limit which items are used for this I recommend using a collection: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Once you've made a collection that contains only the vaults from which you'd like to autofill from, you can open Quick Access to select that collection:

The default shortcut for this is shift + cmd + space but you can customize this if you'd like (along with the Universal Autofill shortcut) in the settings for the 1Password 8 Mac app:

Give that a try and let us know how things go!

• sammysf
    sammysf
    Community Member
    Options

@andrew.l_1P success! Thanks so much for the help, that totally worked!

• Hi @sammysf,

On behalf of Andrew, you are most welcome.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.