Feature Request: Allow Autofill to search more than just Logins

Options
cfbenbow
cfbenbow
Community Member

I had to reconnect several IOT devices to my WiFi today by using their associated apps to make the connection. For example, reconnecting a Blink sync module through their app. In the app, it prompts me to enter my WiFi password, and the 1P Autofill service correctly prompts me to open 1P. However, when I tap the prompt to open 1P, it only allows me to select from my saved logins. Please add the ability to change the filter applied to the items in 1P so I can select things like a WiFi password when required.

Comments

• ag_audrey
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hey @cfbenbow, thank you for reaching out to us in our Community Forum!

1Password for Android is able to fill Logins, Passwords, and select other items. If you are searching 1Password and not finding your Wi-Fi password, it is most likely because we do not support filling that particular 1Password item.

Can you confirm what type of 1Password item (Password, etc.) your Wi-Fi password is saved as?

• cfbenbow
    cfbenbow
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_audrey it is saved as a Wireless Router item.

• @cfbenbow, thanks for confirming. 1Password for Android currently does not fill Wireless Router items, which is why you won't be able to search for it when going through the Autofill prompt. You can create a Login or Password for your Wi-Fi password in order to fill with 1Password!

Let me know if there's anything else we can help you with.

• cfbenbow
    cfbenbow
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_audrey I know 1Password doesn't currently autofill them. What I'm asking is for your developers to add a feature so we can autofill items other than logins.

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

Can you manually copy and paste instead?

• Thanks for clarifying, @cfbenbow! I will certainly pass along your feedback to our product team for consideration.

In the meantime, you can copy and paste, as per @lesster's suggestion, or you can use the drag and drop method to drag your Wi-Fi password into your corresponding apps.

ref: PB-30798105

This discussion has been closed.