MFA google

Options
joelevy
joelevy
Community Member

On many sites I get the prompt in 1pass to setup MFA. I've attached an image of what this looks like. But on many sites where I want to set this up, like my main google account, I just don't get the same prompt. Does 1pass not support MFA for all sites? How can I force the "scan barcode" to pop up so I can get an MFA setup in 1pass for services like google? Thanks - Joe

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 11 with all updates
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:MFA google

Comments

• Hi @joelevy

If you're setting up two-factor authentication on a website, and you can see a QR code, open 1Password in the browser instead, and click the menu, then choose Scan QR Code, which looks like this:

That'll add the QR code to the item, save it, and copy the one-time password to the clipboard so that you can paste it into the website to verify it's been added correctly. There's more about how to use 1Password for one-time passwords here: Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication

Let us know if you need any more help or have any other questions. :)

— Grey

• joelevy
    joelevy
    Community Member
    Options

that did it. annoying it doesn't work from the main app

• @joelevy

You can also do it from the main 1Password app – it's just often easier to do it from 1Password in the browser since you're already on the website. Here's how to do it in the app:

1. Click Edit on the item, then choose "+ add more" and then "One-Time Password", like this:

1. In the "one-time password" field, click the scanner, making sure that the QR is fully visible somewhere on the screen.

Give that a try as well and let me know how it goes.

• joelevy
    joelevy
    Community Member
    Options

ahh - thanks. That helps a ton!

• @joelevy – You're welcome. We're here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.