To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't update password question

9AmberMoog
9AmberMoog
Community Member
edited February 2023 in Memberships

Hi! Two questions:

1) When I signed on to 1Password (not the App or Safari 1Password Extension), I selected the box that indicates I am on a public computer. When I tried to change my password today I received a message that says, "Couldn't change your password. Error: Not saving user info for public computer." It did take my password.

2) And do I also need to have the 1Password App open in order to have it update the new password?

Thanx,

Amber

Comments

• Hi there @9AmberMoog

1) When I signed on to 1Password (not the App or Safari 1Password Extension), I selected the box that indicates I am on a public computer. When I tried to change my password today I received a message that says, "Couldn't change your password. Error: Not saving user info for public computer." It did take my password.

When you say, "It did take my password," that sounds to me like you're abvle to sign in to 1Password.com using that new account password – is that correct?

2) And do I also need to have the 1Password App open in order to have it update the new password?

No, it doesn't have to be open. If 1Password was locked when the account password was changed, you might need to enter the old account password to unlock it so that the account password change can sync to it.

If you can confirm that your account password was changed successfully for signing in, I can look more into why that error appeared. :)

— Grey

• 9AmberMoog
    9AmberMoog
    Community Member

@GreyM1P I got the message as stated above, but I tried the password and it had taken. Regarding the error message, I appreciate you checking into it. I thought it might have something to do with my choosing to select that I was on a public computer? Not sure.

So, yes, my password was changed successfully.

• GreyM1P
    edited February 2023

@9AmberMoog

I'm glad to hear your account password was changed successfully – thanks for confirming that (just wanted to be sure!).

I've filed a new bug report for the error that you saw. Our development team will take a look and get it sorted out. Thanks for taking the time to report it to us. We'll be here if you need anything. :)

ref: dev/b5/b5#19593

This discussion has been closed.