passwords and username not being filled in on multiple sites. 1 password 8

Lennyt123
Lennyt123
Community Member
edited January 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

passwords and username not being filled in on multiple sites using 1 password 8. sometimes they work and other times they do not. have been having this problem since 1 password 8 has come out.

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: Mac 13.2
Browser:_ safari
Referrer: forum-search:passwords and username not being filled in on multiple sites. 1 password 8

Comments

• Lennyt123
    Lennyt123
    Community Member

could someone please advise

• Hey @Lennyt123,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with filling on certain websites.

Can you provide me with an example of a website where things aren't working as expected so I can take a look and best advise?

Thank you!

• Lennyt123
    Lennyt123
    Community Member

Hey Steph,
    just signing into 1password communities I had to copy and paste username and password. did not auto fill like it should. this is the same process for most of the sites that I use since I upgraded to 1password 8. I use safari 98 percent of the time. I have also uninstalled the safari extension for 1password and re-installed it with the same results. 1password 7 worked 98 percent of the time. I don't know how to show you that autofill is not working, but if you would like to screenshare I would be happy to show you. Even FaceTime would work as I could show you what it does. thank you for your concern, Leonard

• Lennyt123
    Lennyt123
    Community Member

here is a screenshot of western digital store sign in. hope your able to see this.

• Hi @Lennyt123,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I can see the inline menu suggestion in your screenshot beneath the email field. What happens when you click on this?

• Lennyt123
    Lennyt123
    Community Member

nothing happens. I have to go to 1password program, look up western digital store, copy username and paste into email, then go to 1 password and copy the password and then paste it into western digital store password area.

• @Lennyt123,

I'm sorry for the trouble.

If you try the steps below and then retry filling on the Western Digital store site are you then able to click on the inline menu suggestion?

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit Safari by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open Safari and test if it is working properly.

Let us know how you get on!

• Lennyt123
    Lennyt123
    Community Member

no it did not work. still get this....
    please can we FaceTime or screen share. this texting back in forth is crazy....if you need my phone number just let me know...

• Hey @Lennyt123,

I'm sorry for the ongoing trouble. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• Lennyt123
    Lennyt123
    Community Member

For your reference, this is your support ID:

[#WPK-53933-829]

• Thank you @Lennyt123, I hope we can get to the bottom of things.

This discussion has been closed.