1PW 4.1 on iPad: Item details incorrectly appear in selection panel, & a crash

Locker
Locker
Community Member
1PW 4.1 for iOS
on iPad, iOS 6.0.1

Let me see if I can describe it clearly enough. (I don't know how to reproduce the situation yet)

First, the normal behavior:

on iPad, in landscape display, selecting the Folders mode, the layout has 3 columns:

[step-1] In the left, narrow one (let's call it column-1), you select the mode: Favorites, Categories, Folders, etc.

[step-2] The column 2nd from the left (let's call it colum-2) is where you see the list of folders, and you can select the folder that you need.

[step-3] A list of subfolders (if any) appears in the same column, instead of the previous, higher level folder list.

[step-4] Once you reach the level where you see the name of the item of interest, clicking on it will display the content in the right column (let's call it column-3).

Now the problematic behavior:

--- Part-I ---
Somehow, when reaching step-4, and clicking on the name of the item of interest, the content, instead of showing up in column-3, it appears in column-2 !!! (column-3 still shows the content of whatever item was selected earlier (I don't know when).

--- Part-II ---

I tried to rotate the iPad to the portrait mode. The content showed up correctly in column-3.

I rotated back to landscape mode: CRASH!!! iPad goes back to the "Finder"(in Mac terms) [what is it called on iOS?]

--- Part-III ---

Tried to return to 1PW, via the icon on the lower banner (the processes banner perhaps?), when you double-click home-button (is it the right name?): 1PW screen comes up, and immediately crash again.

I removed the 1PW running icon from the processes banner (if it is called so),and ran 1PW again. Crash again.

I rebooted the iPad. Ran 1PW again: Crash.

The only way I could get 1PW to run again was to delete the whole App and download it again from the App Store.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry to hear you had that trouble, but I'm glad things are working well after reinstalling. I don't think I've seen anything quite like what you describe before, but please keep us posted if it happens again. Perhaps if anyone else is having this issue they will report it here as well so we can get some more details.
  • Phil382
    Phil382
    Community Member
    edited January 2013
    Khad: I had virtually the same problem for a few weeks, until just this evening as I tinkered with 1Password on my iPad while composing this reply on my Mac. Specifically, in landscape mode, column 2 was stuck serving the dual functions of displaying the list of logins and then the details of a login once selected (username, password, website, notes, and saved form details). When the desired login was selected, 1Password appeared to be pushing the column 2 login list leftward under column 1 and off the screen by way of a rapid scrolling effect, replacing the original column 2 with what should have appeared in column 3. Meanwhile, the actual column 3 remained frozen displaying details of whatever login I had last selected in portrait mode. The only differences in my experience from those of Locker as described above were (1) that I wasn't using Folders but rather Categories (the filing cabinet icon in column 1); and (2) I hadn't experienced the crashes.

I didn't try Locker's solution of deleting the app and reinstalling, hoping to provide you with screenshots or some other demonstration should the issue have remained non-reproducible at your end. I'm not absolutely sure what suddenly fixed the problem, but it may be traceable to my selecting the Categories back-arrow in the upper-left portion of the iPad landscape display, then selecting one or more of the non-login categories (identities, software licenses, email accounts), then navigating back to logins.

1Password 4.1; iPad 4 with 32 GB and retina display (November 2012 model); iOS 6.0.1. Let me know if you need any further information.
  • Locker
    Locker
    Community Member
    Phil382 wrote:

(2) I hadn't experienced the crashes.
    ... I'm not absolutely sure what suddenly fixed the problem, but it may be traceable to my selecting the Categories back-arrow in the upper-left portion of the iPad landscape display, then selecting one or more of the non-login categories (identities, software licenses, email accounts), then navigating back to logins.

I had the 'recoverable' cases quite a few times (perhaps even in category mode, not sure). The crash happened in the last case, as I described earlier, when instead of going back and selecting something else (maybe going from Folders to Categories and back), I rotated the iPad to portrait mode, because I wanted to see how the columns behave in that orientation. That was when the "bad" crash happened that forced me to reinstall.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I've passed this along to the team to look at. I think this may be an issue that is already fixed in the betas, but I want to get confirmation.

Thanks for your feedback and patience as we look into this further.
This discussion has been closed.