Use suggested password not working

I have the Chrome extension installed, but when I click on the Use Suggested Password box, nothing happens. It does not fill in the suggested password. I have travel mode turned off.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:use suggested password doesn't work

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @pordes, does this happen on just one website or does it happen on every website?

If it happens on every website, then it's possible that the extension in your browser is having a hard time connecting to our servers in order to save your suggested passwords. To see if that is indeed the case, I'd like for you to try the following: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/#create-a-custom-password

Do you have any trouble with that? Please let us know.

• pordes
    pordes
    Community Member

It happens on all the websites I've tried.

I tried the steps on your website, and that worked. I then closed and reopened Chrome, and when I tried a couple of the websites I'd had a problem with, this time it worked, and I could use the suggested password.

Thanks for your help.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@pordes thanks for the update! It does indeed seem there was an issue with the extension syncing to our server and saving your logins. In the future, if you run into this again, please try the follow steps below:

1. Lock the 1Password app (which also locks the extension).
    2. Unlock the 1Password app (which also unlocks the extension).

That should get things working. If it doesn't, then please go through the steps below to re-sync your account:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

I hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.