unable to save items

I'm basically unable to use 1password in firefox, on a mac because every time I try to save or generate a new password I always get an
"unable to save item" error every time so I cannot add any new password

1Password Version: 8.9.8
Extension Version: 2.3.8
OS Version: macOs 12.6
Browser:_ firefox

Comments

• lcorsini
    lcorsini
    Community Member

No idea anyone, 1password is pretty useless if I cannot save new items

• Hi @lcorsini,

Could you please try the following steps below to see if they resolve this issue for you?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Thanks 😀

-- Brendan

• JRWest
    JRWest
    Community Member

This fix worked for me.

• Thanks for the update @JRWest, let us know if there is anything else we can help with!

• AndyBushman
    AndyBushman
    Community Member
    edited February 2023

Thanks, the was driving me mad

• It sounds like you're doing better AndyBushman. I'm sorry you encountered this trouble.

• dkozinn
    dkozinn
    Community Member

I've had to do this a couple of times now. Is there some kind of known issue that causes this?

• Hey @dkozinn,

I'm sorry for the disruption.

This is a known issue that we are currently investigating.

Apologies again, thank you for your patience.

• johnsawade
    johnsawade
    Community Member

I had the same issue this morning but found this solution quickly with a google search (it appeared as a 'featured snippet' at the top of the search results). Using Edge on Win11. Thanks!

• Hey @johnsawade,

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry for the trouble.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

• brettgil
    brettgil
    Community Member

I have been seeing this issue as well on Chrome Mac. Ill keep an eye out for the fix.

• Hey @brettgil,

I'm sorry for the disruption, do the below steps get things back on track for you in the meantime?

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Under Accounts & Vaults, sign out of your account.
    4. Sign back into your account.
    5. Go back to General, and re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

Let us know how you get on!

• brettgil
    brettgil
    Community Member

Thanks - I have executed these steps so Ill keep an eye on this.

• You're welcome @brettgil, let us know if we can further assist.

• brettgil
    brettgil
    Community Member

Hi - the fix you provided did not work at all.
    Im still running into scenarios where if I try to generate a password, the whole thing locks up and I can't copy or save any new password without rebooting. I can share the exact scenario and website I tried this on.

• I'm sorry to hear that @brettgil.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over the details and a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• brettgil
    brettgil
    Community Member

Thanks - sent - something is really wrong since EVERYTHING related to background.js is erroring. I appreciate the help.

• @brettgil

I was able to locate your submission. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: DFS-48936-833

• xipherius
    xipherius
    Community Member

I keep encountering this issue as well and my fix is a little different. I go to manage extensions (by typing chrome://extensions/ in the url bar) then I disable 1password and re-enable it, I then refresh the page I was trying to save the password on and unlock the 1password extension and it works. It's tedious to have to do this all the time tho so I'd appreciate it if this can be fixed. I used to use lastpass and after their multiple breaches I decided to try 1password but right now this problem is becoming a headache

• @xipherius

What version of 1Password in the browser are you using? Do you have 1Password 8 the desktop app installed?

• xipherius
    xipherius
    Community Member

the version I have is 2.7.0, I currently do not have the 1password 8 desktop app installed

• bruvor
    bruvor
    Community Member

I have the same problem. The instructions outlined by steph.giles and xipherius solve the issue, but only temporarily. The extension is version 2.7 and 1Password Mac app is version 8.10.0. Thanks.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

The team has been working to bring many improvements and bug fixes to 1Password in the browser. It's not required, but if you're open to it, you might consider giving the beta a try. 1Password in the browser Beta Releases and let us know how it goes for you. If you're not interested in using the beta that's ok too.

Best Password Manager for macOS & Safari beta downloads

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2023

@xipherius

If you do not decide to use the beta can you right-click the 1Password toolbar icon and disable the setting for integrate with the 1Password app? Does this help in your specific situation?

• xipherius
    xipherius
    Community Member

I'll check out the beta and see how it works

• mkombat580
    mkombat580
    Community Member

I tried the Beta and it doesnt fix this problem. Added to this, unable to delete an entry, edit passwords, apply suggested passwords and sync doesnt get applied (all extension related). Only solution is to lock/unlock and everything works fine for few hours. I mentioned in another thread that this issue seems to be isolated to Edge/Chrome extensions as Safari on Mac seems to be fine. Seems like this is going on for a while now and hasnt been fixed.

• @mkombat580

It sounds like you're encountering some trouble that may require more in depth investigation. I'd recommend emailing us. Please use support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• chabright
    chabright
    Community Member

I was having this same issue as well for the last several months, finally got a chance to fix it today. Following the instructions in Post #3 has solved it, hopefully it doesn't come back. Thanks.

Firefox 110.0.1
    1Password 7.9.9 Mac App Store (can't install v8 on my old macOS)
    1Password Browser Add-On version 2.6.0
    MacOS 10.14.6
    2012 Mac Pro

• Thank you for the update @chabright, I'm sorry for the disruption!

This discussion has been closed.